Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Katrina on her way

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Katrina on her way

Hi All:

___At least she is moving North by North East very fast which should somewhat limit the amount of rain and thus flood damage to areas being overrun. Although the damage appears to be significant in $ terms, loss of life should be minimal given the dire warnings. It looks like New Orleans just missed getting slammed when Katrina turned almost due North just a few hours before landfall …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 08-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Katrina on her way

In anticipation of a Katrina-related price spike, I refilled my HCH this morning even though the tank was still nearly 2/3 full. Also refilled the wife's car late last week. Lowest current price in these parts is $2.55.

While damage appears to be extensive, it looks like Katrina took just enough of a jog east to spare New Orleans a direct hit, which would likely have rendered the city uninhabitable for months.

Hey, wasn't there a 1-hit wonder group in the '80s called "Katrina and the Waves"?