Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Mileage Database Addition

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 02:43 PM
Site Founder

A new addition has been added to the mileage database that emails members up to 3 times, one per month, after they fail to add data to a car they've created. I've done some testing, and I hope the emails send out properly. First one goes out tonight at midnight. Better run smoothly!

So you know, there are about 50 such cars.

Old 12-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Good Idea.
More data is better.

Of course some people will not participate after the novelty wears off.
I hope after 2 or 3 attempts to get them to play you leave them alone and just delete their data as those first few tanks tend to be low.

Old 12-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

So, is there a consequence if someone doesn't keep up to date?? I'd, personally, like to see the data sent to an archive so they can, at some future point if they desire, return to update the data...maybe keep in archive for a year?

As I understand it, folks will have 3 months to respond before anything happens?

Old 12-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Site Founder

Haha, I think there was a misunderstanding, here. As of now, anyone who you all see in the database will not recieve an email. There are 50 or so cars that you cannot see... they aren't made public. People simply set up their car but never added a single tank or gave odometer/lmpg data. So, the car has no information attached to it. If we do have any figures for a car, I don't ever bother them. If they don't, and they don't respond to the emails, they'll stop getting reminders after 3 months (3 emails).

Data is never deleted, no matter how old it is.