Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Monster-truck driver sees the light...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Monster-truck driver sees the light...

WASHINGTON — President Bush will call for a slash in U.S. gasoline consumption by up to 20 percent in the next 10 years as part of new energy proposals in his sixth State of the Union address Tuesday night.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245555,00.html

Will wonders never cease?

Harry

Old 01-23-2007, 11:55 AM
occ
Default Re: Monster-truck driver sees the light...

Originally Posted by Earthling
WASHINGTON — President Bush will call for a slash in U.S. gasoline consumption by up to 20 percent in the next 10 years as part of new energy proposals in his sixth State of the Union address Tuesday night.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245555,00.html

Will wonders never cease?

Harry

He wants to do this in 10 years!? I guess H2 fuel cell car is out of the picture then....I wonder if he'll touch on transportation then. How else to reduce 20% in 10 years?

(interesting topic title though)

Last edited by occ; 01-23-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: added ps
Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

maybe Bush will champion the Volt in his speech?

Old 01-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Marmaduke
maybe Bush will champion the Volt in his speech?
I would have to say that the car industry knew this speech was coming at least 6 months ago, or longer. I'd say GM knew of this ahead of time, and the Volt is one sign of that.

The bean-counters at the big-three have now been given a green-light to go green. Finally!

Harry

Old 01-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Hybrid True Believer

I would have to say that the car industry knew this speech was coming at least 6 months ago, or longer. I'd say GM knew of this ahead of time, and the Volt is one sign of that.

The bean-counters at the big-three have now been given a green-light to go green. Finally!

Harry
That sounds good to me! I'm sure Martin has been chomping at the bit to design something truely wonderous at GM.

It looks like the Volt is a physically small system and could fit into a Cobalt and a Malibu (two cars that sell decently for GM). I'd buy a Volt-esque station wagon in a hearbeat.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned

Earthling, what makes you call our president a monster truck driver? I personally have never seen him in a monster truck, and our president would never be allowed to drive alone anyway, due to the secret service and all.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by bparsons
Earthling, what makes you call our president a monster truck driver? I personally have never seen him in a monster truck, and our president would never be allowed to drive alone anyway, due to the secret service and all.
He drives a white Ford pickup, I think it's an F250 with a V10 engine. Trust me, it's a monster truck. They showed him on TV driving it on his Crawford Ranch.

Harry

Old 01-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

He drives a white Ford pickup, I think it's an F250 with a V10 engine. Trust me, it's a monster truck. They showed him on TV driving it on his Crawford Ranch.

Harry
Appears to be spot on.

Check out > http://www.tv.com/george-w.-bush/per...86/trivia.html

It appears to be a fair site that is neither extremely pro or con.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:31 AM
Banned

Harry
Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Appears to be spot on.

Check out > http://www.tv.com/george-w.-bush/per...86/trivia.html

It appears to be a fair site that is neither extremely pro or con.
Do you mean that because it is a larger truck, an F-250, that it is a Monster Truck? A Monster Truck?????

C'mon guys...That is far from being a Monster Truck. It is nothing more than a standard farm truck. Maybe you should do some more research on what makes a monster truck different from a regular truck.

F-150...1/2 ton truck
F-250...3/4 ton truck
F-350...1 ton truck

According to your methods, you are saying that a Dodge Ram 2500, Ford F-250, or Chevy Silverado 2500 are all Monster Trucks. These are just common 3/4 ton trucks.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by bparsons
According to your methods, you are saying that a Dodge Ram 2500, Ford F-250, or Chevy Silverado 2500 are all Monster Trucks. These are just common 3/4 ton trucks.
Exactly.

Any gas-hog truck that gets less than 20 mpg is a "monster truck."

Some people need trucks for their work, but the sad fact is that most gas-hog trucks are driven by people who favor the macho image of large trucks, and the environment and gas-hoggery be ****ed.

Harry

Quick Reply: Monster-truck driver sees the light...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands