Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Monster-truck driver sees the light...

Old 04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Monster-truck driver sees the light...

Originally Posted by Earthling
He drives a white Ford pickup, I think it's an F250 with a V10 engine. Trust me, it's a monster truck. They showed him on TV driving it on his Crawford Ranch.

Harry
It is NOT a monster truck, just a REGULAR full size pickup that is needed on any ranch. It runs on propane, BTW. I have a much larger one, an F-350 Crew Cab Dually with a diesel engine and get 17 mpg on the road. It suits my contracting business perfectly, and as large as it is, it's quite effecient considering I can load a pallet of concrete bags and 6 people and go to work.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBundo
It is NOT a monster truck, just a REGULAR full size pickup that is needed on any ranch. It runs on propane, BTW. I have a much larger one, an F-350 Crew Cab Dually with a diesel engine and get 17 mpg on the road. It suits my contracting business perfectly, and as large as it is, it's quite effecient considering I can load a pallet of concrete bags and 6 people and go to work.
And what part of

"Some people need trucks for their work, but the sad fact is that most gas-hog trucks are driven by people who favor the macho image of large trucks, and the environment and gas-hoggery be ****ed."

in one of my follow-up posts did you not understand?

Harry

Old 04-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Banned

I'll take TheBundo's word that he puts his F350 to good use - I can see the need. Earthling has a valid point that most are not using their trucks like TheBundo as the tool they are intended to be - they are all too frequently being driven by tools.

Is it just me or does it seem they don't sell many subcompact pickups anymore? Not many S10, or Ford Rangers, etc....