Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Non hybrid drivers licking there chops if we had a---

Old 05-13-2007, 07:37 PM
joe540ci
Default Non hybrid drivers licking there chops if we had a---

Instant LED- MPG read-out on the back of OF OUR CARS (my camry) OR IN THE BACK WINDOW .i.e Some big SUV ridding my as$ close enough to see my 45-MPG at 60 MPH light up while he 's burning gas at 9-11 MPG. Or some smaller car thinking jeez,I want one of those cars..It would get some attention.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Non hybrid drivers licking there chops if we had a---

My vanity plate reads:
C-52MPG
Bob Wilson

Old 05-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I doubt it'll be any good. Drivers of 9-11 MPG vehicles know what kind of mileage they're getting. They also know there are higher mileage vehicles out there. Yet they choose to drive their 9-11 MPG vehicle, by their own right. So, buying a readout for your back window will just be a waste of money. Take that money and sink it into something worthwhile. Perhaps dinner with the wife.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Banned

I'd settle for tailgaters just passing to my left in a civil manner.

So temped at HybridFest to impersonate this idiotic tailgating as a pedestrian - yes it's ridiculous.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:56 AM
joe540ci

Maybe there should be a mandatory Mpg screen in ALL vehiles to make people as aware as I am, when I use poor driving habits and It shows on my screen.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:50 AM

Having a tool isn't the same as using a tool. A lot of cars these days come with instant MPG displays. There has to be a conscious effort to use the tools available.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

I didn't realize that non-hybrids had iFCDs and MPG displays. Ever since i got the hybrid, I've been thinking who don't all cars have this!!!

Old 05-15-2007, 01:26 PM

SOME non-hybrids have those displays, but most don't. I agree with everyone who has said (in this thread and before) that it would be a great idea to have these displays in all cars. I know that a lot of people are fully capable of ignoring the information in front of them, (or choosing to drive a 9 mpg car and think no more about it) but the vast majority of middle-grounders, who would probably be interested in the information and might actually be impacted by it, are the goal, here. To cite a parallel, Yes, having seat belts is a good thing, even if plenty of people ride/drive without using them.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 PM
my other car is a FJORD

i have a tastefully sized oval bumper sticker (about 5" across) that i put on my left rear bumper which reads 60MPG. that is just about what i average all summer. i have not yet decided how it affects those who see it.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:11 PM
HypoFueler

My vanity plate

1 GPH

usually elicits snickers and ridicule of being nerdy from my family and freinds. Then I tell them to do the math on their cars (usually for the first time) and they stop laughing...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Non hybrid drivers licking there chops if we had a---

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands