Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Senate votes for ANWR oil drilling

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Senate votes for ANWR oil drilling

3. I would *not* wage war to secure oil.

Any time I see this statement or something to that effect I just disregard all the rest of your comment, you could be making good points in your favor I wouldn't know. Oh and I'm still waiting for that vaulted Global Warm, oh my the polar ice is melting, oh wait there it is the changing wind patterns just blew it over there.
And what about the poor migratory birds 1000s of them are kill by your wind farms.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Struggler at large

Originally Posted by RipRip
Any time I see this statement or something to that effect I just disregard all the rest of your comment, you could be making good points in your favor I wouldn't know. Oh and I'm still waiting for that vaulted Global Warm, oh my the polar ice is melting, oh wait there it is the changing wind patterns just blew it over there.
And what about the poor migratory birds 1000s of them are kill by your wind farms.
Anytime I see a statement like this, I wonder how much good you are actually contributing to the debate. Feel free to disagree, but don't tread so far as to be ignorant about it.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Site Founder

Please keep this thread on-track and objective.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast

Oh so he can drag NO BLOOD FOR OIL into it but I can't point out that there are other views on global warming. Also his argument for wind farms sound a lot like the argument for drilling in ANWR "actually only uses a small fraction of the ground". And it is true that windmills have killed lots of migratory birds is it not? Anyway it was more childish than ignorant, I just get tired of hearing how bad we humans are.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Site Founder

I don't mind divergent opinions. Let's just keep things civil, please.

Old 05-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Let me guess: a liberal conspiracy covered up all those stockpiles of Iraqi WMD.

And the overwhelming scientific opinion consensus on global warming should be disregarded, because it makes you feel uncomfortable, AND that great scientist of the 20th century gwBush said not to worry.

I expect you "are of the opinion" that oiil spills are the same thing as wind spills, because, like, you know, both have the word 'spill'.

But perhaps I have completely underestimated you, and your scientific credentials are impeccable; or at least of a caliber to suggest you can understand the scientific literature that you will helpfully reference below, and not continue trolling as I anticipate ?

Old 05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Site Founder

This discussion is closed. It is rare that I have to take action in the discussion forums because very few conversations turn ugly. This one is headed in that direction, so I'm putting a stop to it.

*subtracts reputation*

Last edited by Jason; 05-05-2005 at 02:25 PM.