Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Sorry, another "Should I buy the Hybrid" thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Sorry, another "Should I buy the Hybrid" thread

Nope Tahoe/Yukon hybrids have no interest. Towing rating is small relative to other full size SUV's. They don't have the useable cargo area the Yukon XL does so they are not a potential replacement. The Highlander meets our needs for shuttling kids around town. I can sit in the back row - just wouldn't want to do a long road trip, so we will be good for many years as an urban vehicle. The HiHy kicks the Tahoe's butt in fuel consumption and costs much less.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

What you need is a full on EV for such a short commute! If possible, you could wait a few years until more cars like the chevy volt and PHEVS come out.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
What you need is a full on EV for such a short commute! If possible, you could wait a few years until more cars like the chevy volt and PHEVS come out.
Well unless they've been rumoured to come in a 6 passenger AWD configuration, I don't think I'll wait..
This is an urban family hauler we are getting, not simply replacing a commuter vehicle.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Volkov
Well unless they've been rumoured to come in a 6 passenger AWD configuration, I don't think I'll wait..
This is an urban family hauler we are getting, not simply replacing a commuter vehicle.
Hopefully they will eventually come in all sizes...