Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Stupid little things that make you happy

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Stupid little things that make you happy

Well I is likely that no one will care but if anyone does they must be on this board. Ok after thinking that there was nothing within more within the realm of practicality that I could do to get better mileage, I found a new trick. Thinking about getting good mileage takes up way too much of my brains time and I had thought that a limit had been reached, that there was nothing I could do to improve IMLC's mileage except wait for summer but there was one more thing.

Quite by accident I discovered that the car will roll out of the garage without needing to turn it on. I was already rolling into the garage with the ICE off. But now thanks to a slightly slopeing floor the roll out requires no ICE as well.

Isn't that great! (or do I need to take those pills again?)

Old 01-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Lakedude:

___I have a neat trick as well … When entering my drive, I hit the turn at 19 mph w/ the ICE off. I have enough momentum to make it up to the first garage bay, roll back to swing the rear end around in my normal parking place. When I leave, I simply boot her up (not start), coast down the drive and turn into the street at 11 - 12 mph, start the ICE, and I am on my way

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 03-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast
Smile

Lakedude - You made me laugh out loud. (I'm glad it's not just me)

Old 03-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Site Founder

That's true "stealth," eh, Stealth? Welcome to GreenHybrid.