Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

"TCP Error" while updating mileage database...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 02:11 PM
BIF
Active Enthusiast

Hi, Jason:

I've gotten this twice today. The behavior is that I can "add a tank" but after hitting the "share your tank" button, IE kind of hangs. After getting the "TCP error" message, I close IE and go back in and sign on to the database again via a different window. It appears that my updates "took" okay, but I'm concerned about this.

Plus, I just wanted to bring this to your attention and be sure that I didn't inadvertently corrupt anything in the database.

Thanks!

(PS, I love the database, and try to keep my entries updated as soon as possible after filling my tank)

Old 09-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Site Founder

BIF,

TCP/IP is your Internet connection, no? Would it be possible this is a holdup on your end? I just added a test tank, myslef, and it worked fine.

Old 09-16-2004, 02:51 PM
BIF
Active Enthusiast

I am just working from a standard corporate internet connection. I've added tanks this way in the past with no problem. But just for grins, I will try the rest of them from my home ISP connection later this evening.