Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Tire brand and Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Bama
Default Tire brand and Pressure

Everone was so helpful in my last post: here I go again. I know from my motorcycle racing days the the tires really impact handling and efficiency. I have a 2004 Honda Civic, Are there a best practices tire for optimizing mpg? What are the safe limits for bumbing up the tire pressure.

Mike

Old 09-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Tire brand and Pressure

Originally Posted by Nuclear Shaman
Everone was so helpful in my last post: here I go again. I know from my motorcycle racing days the the tires really impact handling and efficiency. I have a 2004 Honda Civic, Are there a best practices tire for optimizing mpg? What are the safe limits for bumbing up the tire pressure.
The maximum pressure marked on the side wall is safe. Some cars may need to have the front a little higher than the rear for the ABS and traction control systems. Check with the HCH folks, they are the experts on best pressures.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson