Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Fuel Economy & Emissions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/)
-   -   two best tank mpgs in a row! (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/two-best-tank-mpgs-row-15367/)

HafNHaf 09-19-2007 10:29 AM

two best tank mpgs in a row!

the title says it best. my last two tanks have been my best ever! beat my previous best by more than a mile per gallon. was 76.6, now 78.2 and 78.4. i have averaged 72.5 for the last 12 months. :shade:

but the warm weather is coming to an end. :( i expect low 70 mpgs until winter, then around 70. :cry:

but..... a scangauge is in my future! should be able to rig up an automatic warm air intake this winter. that should help a bit...

burningstar 09-20-2007 09:14 AM

Re: two best tank mpgs in a row!

Wow - what is your commute like? That's great mileage!
How many miles do you commute per day? what speed do you go? is there traffic? what area r u in?
I think the insight is really cute:sun:

HafNHaf 09-20-2007 12:49 PM

i commute from williamsburg, va to NASA langley. its 55 miles round trip. 8 minutes to get to the freeway, 20 minutes on the freeway, and about 7 minutes from the freeway to NASA. slightly downhill going to work, usually no traffic to speak of. (not today though :( ) as for terrain, pretty flat, except for the overpasses and a couple of hills near home. i run about 55-60 mph.

Harold 09-20-2007 04:08 PM

Those are great little cars!!! Wish I could have owned one. To bad they stopped building them.:cry:

JimboK 09-21-2007 08:00 AM

Congrats, Andy!

Off-topic, but wanted to make sure you saw the post for our next meetup, if you're interested in making the drive and hanging with us Prius folks again.

HafNHaf 09-21-2007 08:55 AM

i dont know, jim. you prius folks are a bit weird, trying to get the best possible mileage from your cars and all.... not like us normal drivers. ;)

actually, with the kids back in school, the only time i get to see them is on the weekends. i will have to beg off this time. sorry.

and yes, i saw the post about the meet. thought about it too, but nooooooooo. married with children, etc. (not a bad thing. wife looking over shoulder.)

seeya eventually!

and harold, the insights are still available used. thats how i got mine. ebay always has a few, if you want the ultimate mpg machine.

Harold 09-21-2007 09:48 AM

I have been looking at them, but I have a 1930 ford and Miata in the garage with my HCH2. I may dump the Miata for one however;)

HafNHaf 09-21-2007 10:48 AM

i just drove my father-in-laws 01 miata to work the other day. special edition, 6-speed, british racing green, etc. lots of fun at 30mpg. very quick.

so whats wrong with another car in the stable??? commute in the insight, cruise in the miata on nice days.

Harold 09-21-2007 11:41 AM

The problem is, I don't cummute;) I just think it would be a great little car to see the country in, without using alot of fuel:D And they don't rust, Alum. body. H

leahbeatle 09-21-2007 12:44 PM

Wow, great numbers! I'm impressed, that's for sure. Yeah, it is a shame to say farewell to this wonderful warm summer weather and our wonderful warm summer warm summer mpg, but just a few cooler days here have been enough to give me a noticeable drop. I'd been up around 60 mpg regularly for the past couple of months but now it's closer to 58 mpg, just because we're back down below 80 and even had highs in the upper 60s for a bit. This FE stuff is so weather-dependent! No surprise there, of course, but my days of breaking personal best tank averages are probably behind me. Until next summer!