Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

two best tank mpgs in a row!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: two best tank mpgs in a row!

leah: yeah, the numbers are already dropping off a bit. highs in the mid 70s to mid 80s the past week. i guess my quest for an 80 mpg tank is over for the duration.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yeecch, it's supposed to drop to 48 degrees tonight. My poor little hybrid shouldn't be expected to get 60 mpg under these conditions! (I'm always driving pretty late, so unfortunately, I approach the chilliest weather) I'm at 54ish mpg and dropping. sigh. Oh, for an Indian summer! I know that global warming is dangerous and a problem, but I like warm weather on a purely superficial, short-term-thinking, balmy-air-on-my-face level. Maybe I need to move back to California.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

and get a convertible! i wish the top came off my insight. without the use of a can opener...

maybe a big sunroof some day.

btw, lows in the 60s and upper 50's this week here.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

No, a convertible has no appeal. I can see why some people like them but my balmy air wishes are more at a walking speed, not a bugs-in-your-teeth, drag-killing-your-mpg, can't-just-lock-the-doors-to-feel-safer-when-stopped-at-a-light-in-a-creepy-area, being-rained-on or flashy-type of wishes. Many people like convertibles, though. Me, I'm just a bit seasonal-affective.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

i can see why a convertable in your area might be kinda low on your wish list. i have owned 3 of them: my first car, a fiat 850 spyder, lots of fun to drive, cute styling, no power, 32 mpg. and 2 austin-healey sprites: lots of fun to drive, cute styling, more umph. at this point i have two others to choose from if i HAVE to drive with the top down: a 98 wrangler (terrible!) and an 01 miata (what the british should have made in the first place!) great car, fast, rides on rails, and still gets 30 mpg on the highway! its a bit tight for me to "wear", but i drive it occasionally.