Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Working towards 1000 miles on this tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
MPG nut
Default Re: Working towards 1000 miles on this tank

Originally Posted by VaBeachPrius
Diamondlarry,

I wasn't asking for credit. I was just curious to see if I had helped you. I have seen what you can do with a Saturn and if I am correct, you are on your first tank with the prius and kicking butt. It wil be easier and slightly more accurate if I use a SG rather than comparing before and after MFD displays for segment mpgs. My best segment was with a cold start up, I didn't use my block heater and I still averaged 103.x mpg. That took me two hours. My mileage would be higher with more time on the loop with a block heater.

Good job right of the bat.
I knew that but, because of my upbringing, I like to give credit to the proper people.

Technically, I'm working on my second tank. I topped off when I got home from the dealer so I knew the tank would be full. Then, 4 days later I noticed a discrepancy between my SG and FCD and realized I had forgotten to change the tank offset setting from when it was in the Saturn so I topped off and started over again. I can see that this tank won't be 1K miles as I'm at 5 pips at just shy of 500 miles.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
With the weekend, you're within spittin' distance. Time for a 'road trip' to Ocean City? <grins>

I just don't remember if there is a minimum speed on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

Bob Wilson
Good question about the minimum speed. I was there not too long ago on a tour bus and I do not remember either.

By the way, unless it was his commute, would taking a road trip specifically to get 1000 miles on a tank not be a waste of gasoline?

Old 06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by Shining Arcanine
. . .
By the way, unless it was his commute, would taking a road trip specifically to get 1000 miles on a tank not be a waste of gasoline?
Not if he takes a detour to Assateague Island for a stuffed, baked flounder and then Phillip's in Ocean City for crab patties and a beverage. I'd just call it 'grabbing a good bite to eat.' <grins>

Bob Wilson

Old 06-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Bob,

I don't think I will be traveling to the eastern shore anytime soon; It is amazing to me that I haven't pumped gas for almost a month!

I am only at 692 miles at 84.9 miles. I just went from four to three pips. I should be at 800 miles my Friday afternoon and if I make 1000; that should occur by next Thursday.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Engineering first

. . .
I don't think I will be traveling to the eastern shore anytime soon; It is amazing to me that I haven't pumped gas for almost a month!

I am only at 692 miles at 84.9 miles. I just went from four to three pips. I should be at 800 miles my Friday afternoon and if I make 1000; that should occur by next Thursday.
Excellent! GOOD LUCK!!

Bob Wilson

Old 06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

How many pips are in your gauge?

Have any Prius owners made it to 1000?

Old 06-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by Brady
. . .
Have any Prius owners made it to 1000?
One team effort in the USA and at least 50 Japanese owners.

Bob Wilson

Old 06-15-2007, 05:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

I went past 1000 this morning. I will post a picture this afternoon when I refill.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Engineering first

I went past 1000 this morning. I will post a picture this afternoon when I refill.
Excellent!

Bob Wilson

Old 06-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, I did it. Time to try for 1100.

Quick Reply: Working towards 1000 miles on this tank

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands