Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Fuel Economy & Emissions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/)
-   -   The World we live in (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/fuel-economy-emissions-22/world-we-live-574/)

Stevo12886 06-03-2004 05:26 PM

Hi all,
I made the mistake today of chiming in about fuel economy at work, DOH!! :blink: Anyway, one of my co-workers (I am a councelor at YMCA summer camp, so the names used will be camp names) named Charly (a female) had a flat tire in her Chevy truck. While we were trying to figure out how to remove the spare tire and such (dang cryptic Chevy owners manual <_< ) my site director Bling said something about stupid Chevy. About this time Charly said something about she would have rathered gotten a F-250 diesle powerstroke turbo (ok...something like that, i dont know trucks). I made the mistake of asking if she paid for her gas (i know she doesnt hall stuff), the comment that i got back was from Bling, mainly to the effect of "well, diesle is cheaper :blink: ". At that point i made the mistake of commenting that, "its still would only get 12 mpg :o ", knowing that that is horrible. I basically got some dumb looks and decided to just leave it out of better judgement. I still have a hard time believing how wasteful our society is. Don't get me wrong, I am deffinatly not a green freak, but that is just absurd.
Cheers,
Steven

Jason 06-03-2004 06:02 PM

Welcome to America! :wub:

Hot_Georgia_2004 06-03-2004 06:07 PM

Folks at work ask me how my car is doing.
I tell them I almost always get better than 60MPG to/from work and they look like this Smiley :blink:
Lately some quote a news special that the cars typically get 25-35 MPG.
They can't argue with a calculated +700 miles from 13 gallons of gas though!
Thanks

Jason 06-03-2004 06:13 PM

Point them to the database. :)

xcel 06-04-2004 12:38 AM

Hi All:

___Once I started receiving a few outrageous mpg segments, people at work just stopped asking :unsure:

___Then again, they do get to work a lot faster then I do :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net