Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

wow! 65MPG in the snow???

Old 12-15-2005, 06:12 PM
my other car is a FJORD
Default Re: wow! 65MPG in the snow???

i am SO SICK of snow. tonight was a horrible drive home. the snow was heavier, the temperature is colder and the traffic flow had no pattern to it. it was very hard to get into any kind of groove (except the ones in the snow) and keep a constant speed. i got stuck behind a snow plow trail for a while, and then actually was stuck behind someone who drove slower than me. and anyone who knows my driving habits knows that person would really have to be slow. he/she was going between 20 & 30, which even I thought was slow for the conditions. it was very hard to pass with the ridge of snow between the two lanes, and other drivers who seemed to crawl up your back and then pass. it was very stressful, and i went through town again rather than deal with the heavy snow at the end part of my drive. i still did manage to maintain 59 mpg......but please, mother nature, NO MORE!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 12:10 AM
04 prius 350,000km
Default Re: wow! 65MPG in the snow???

lol i bet if you had a cvt, your driving conditions shouldn't be that bad would it? And I thought hybrids were enjoyable at all speeds ;(