Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

bar10dah

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: bar10dah

Originally Posted by bar10dah
12/16/05 I left my first GH handout on a gray HCH today. Hope it's owner checks us out.
I've handed out about 1/2 dozen and I don't think I've seen anybody show up under the introductions.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:27 PM
Default Re: New Baby

Originally Posted by AZMerf
Very cool. Congradulations! You still going to school (on top of all this now)?
Yep. Still going. Less than a year to go to graduation! Although, I feel something's gonna give somewhere in my life. I'm working full-time on top of all this, as well. With the baby, I might have to cut back on school a little bit. Not to mention, I hope to start flying here within the next year.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by AZMerf
I've handed out about 1/2 dozen and I don't think I've seen anybody show up under the introductions.
Speaking of which, I've got to print out more.

I don't think any of the flyers I've put out there have gotten us any new members, either. I've put out about as many as you have. Hopefully, if someone signs up on this forum as a result of a flyer, they'll let us know.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:14 PM

Just some updates on my current numbers ending 04/15/06:

Miles Driven

Gallons Used

Average MPG

Total Fuel Cost
$792.86

Cost Per Mile
$0.09

Average Cost Per Gallon
$2.44

Old 04-19-2006, 09:21 AM

Congratulations on the new baby! That's fantastic!

Does Abigail like your hybrid? Some babies find a car ride very soothing- it helps get them to sleep, and I'm sure your HAH has a really smooth ride. What has your experience been? 'The hybrid: a baby-friendly car!' or something else?

Old 04-19-2006, 08:37 PM

Thanks!

I think so. We did the 530 mile trip this past weekend and she slept the whole way. Well, it was 260 the first day and 240 the next day. She only started to get fussy on the last 30 miles of the trip.

I'd say it's pretty baby friendly. Nice smooth ride. Fairly dark (but not blacked out) window tint. I'm guessing it helped her sleep. Getting the carseat in and out of the backseat was no problem whatsoever. The rear doors open plenty wide enough to be able to maneuver the seat in and out. I haven't tried to fit the stroller into the trunk yet, but it looks like it'll fit just fine. Also, I sat in the back seat to get a feel of the roominess with the carseat in place and it felt just fine. Even with the front seats all the way back in their tracks.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Default Re: New Baby

Yep. Still going. Less than a year to go to graduation! Although, I feel something's gonna give somewhere in my life. I'm working full-time on top of all this, as well. With the baby, I might have to cut back on school a little bit. Not to mention, I hope to start flying here within the next year.
Man oh man, going through these old posts is quite a trip down memory lane!!

I did graduate. Summa *** Laude with a BS in technical management. 4.0 baby!! And, I'm currently flying. I'm loving it so much, I'm considering leaving the military to fly professionally!

Old 05-15-2007, 07:12 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: New Baby

Man oh man, going through these old posts is quite a trip down memory lane!!

I did graduate. Summa *** Laude with a BS in technical management. 4.0 baby!! And, I'm currently flying. I'm loving it so much, I'm considering leaving the military to fly professionally!
The Sun is Shining on You: bar10 is going Flying:

Old 05-16-2007, 12:03 PM

Congrats again, this time on the graduation! That's great- and if you do get a chance to fly professionally, that would be incredible. Pilots make a ton of money- not to mention the fact that it must be such a great feeling. Might be a little tough to leave the military right now, though- they seem to be trying very hard to retain people, stop-loss and all that, right? I guess I don't really know, though.

Best of luck! And a hello to little Abigail!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands