Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Brand Spankin New in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Brand Spankin New in Detroit

In the market for a hybrid Escape or Civic. Just trying to do my little part in helping save the world!

Old 03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Brand Spankin New in Detroit

Welcome!

I have the Civic HCH2, and it's a pretty great little car. I get 43-49 MPG, most of my driving is on a 35-mile (one way) daily commute. Purely ON the commute, I can often log a 50+MPG trip. My tank MPGs always falter into the mid-to-high 40s with some local traffic or the inevitable short trips. Most people in the Escape/Mariner hybrids get 27-32MPG (I think that's about right). Great for a decent-sized SUV, and consideralby better than my non-hybrid V6 Mazda Tribute's MPG!
Read up, there's lots of interest within this group, and lots of good people. We can get quite opinionated at times, but it's mostly about political things. And usually EVEN then, we all get along.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by D_Town
In the market for a hybrid Escape or Civic.
Hi and welcome.

One quick question....The Civic and the Escape are not even close to being in the same class, why have you narrowed your choices to those two?

Old 03-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lakedude
Hi and welcome.

One quick question....The Civic and the Escape are not even close to being in the same class, why have you narrowed your choices to those two?
lol. I know right! totally different!

Well, I love the mpg average of the civic. I like its sportiness. But its still a little smaller than i would really want.

Ive always liked Escapes (SUVs, but never owned an SUV) and have already owned a few small cars (saturn, contour, geo). Once i found out I could have an Escape and not jack up the enviroment as bad,i was hooked on the idea of getting one, even if it cost a bit more to have it. The gas thing is a part of what kept me from getting on b4.

But im stuck, cause i can use even less gas with the civic...but i been wanting an escape ever since they were invented! lol

Old 03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome!

We have 2 HCH - HCH1 and HCH2 and just added a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid to the mix. It is a great car and we love driving all of them, especially the Escape in "Electric Mode".

Old 03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Now is a great time to buy because gas is at a winter low. Lately gas prices have spiked in the summer raising hybrid demand and prices. You can get a Prius with no waiting and maybe even a discount for the first time in years, if you hurry and buy before Summer. Hybrid demand (and therefore price) is strongly linked to gas prices.

They say that the bugs have been ironed out of Honda's belt and pulley CVT but until they are proven reliable in the long term my money might lean twards a HSD equiped vehicle like the Escape or Prius.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I've been neglecting my duties it seems. Anyway, a late hello and welcome. Feel free to chime in on the Michigan Roll Call as well.
(Link in my signature)