Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

first hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Enthusiast
Smile first hybrid

This is my first hybrid car that I have owned. We bought a Toyota Highlander at the end of September and so far I love it. It is very comfortable and has a lot of room to haul stuff around in. At first I got better gas mileage, but lately it has been around 25-27mpg. The vehicle has a lot of great features, especially the navigation system. There are some mistakes with the GPS system, there are quite a few misspellings of street names, etc. It can be a problem at times if you are trying to type in an address and GPS has it misspelled. Other than that I have no complaints. We traded in a 95 Subaru Legacy which had over 200,000 miles on it. I hope that I can get as much use out of the hybrid.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: first hybrid

Welcome to GreenHybrid!
If the GPS system is the same as in the Prius it's actually a DVD that can be updated. If I were you I'd complain to your dealer and see if you can get the next years' version free. Hopefully the mistakes are corrected by then.

Old 12-26-2005, 02:41 PM

Welcome to GreenHybrid!
If the GPS system is the same as in the Prius it's actually a DVD that can be updated. If I were you I'd complain to your dealer and see if you can get the next years' version free. Hopefully the mistakes are corrected by then.

Oh wait. Jason already said that.

About the milage. No doubt it has been getting colder. The cold is probably why you are taking a hit in gas milage. Things will look MUCH better in spring when the temps warm up again.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip, I will get in contact with the dealer and see if I can get anywhere.
Erik