Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

First State - First New Car Owner...And it's a PRIUS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default First State - First New Car Owner...And it's a PRIUS!

To my fellow forum readers,

I am recent proud owner of a brand new Super White, Package #6 2006 Toyota Prius. It had only 3 miles on it when I picked it up April 26. And sofar, it has been an awesome and fun car to drive.

I went around car shopping the week prior, mainly to check out what cars I fit into (since I am 6'4" tall), also checking MPG, affordability and availability because I was currently renting a vehicle and my other automobile needed $3500 to get fixed. So I need something immediately. I did my research and found out that the prius had 5-star ratings across the boards in Consumer Reports and my mother & step-dad currently drove one and said it was a great car.

I went to two toyota dealerships in the area where I lived and found the one in New Castle, DE only had one driftwood package on the lot. I went to the other dealership in Newark, DE and they had three, two of which had deposits on them and the third was still available; however, by the time I got there it had been sold too.

I ended up getting the Super White Prius right off the truck the next day after 4 hours of haggling with the dealership and it was well worth it. I have made several modifications to it already. Still want to get some seat covers for it.

Thanks for listening,

Matt

Old 06-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: First State - First New Car Owner...And it's a PRIUS!

Welcome to the club. We have a FAQ in the hybrid forum and a lot folks to share what tricks we've picked up. Do put your car in the database and we'll help you get your signature working.

Bob Wilson