Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Future hybrid owner from Minneapolis (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/future-hybrid-owner-minneapolis-12781/)

jab 03-20-2007 07:30 PM

Future hybrid owner from Minneapolis

Hello all!

I am starting research on my next car to purchase (probably a year out realistically). I would love a Prius, but I'm not sure what will be in the market at that point. My next car has to be a hatchback with a fuel economy greater or equal to my current car (29/40).

I have a 1996 Saturn SL1 Manual that I love for it's fuel economy, but it's getting up there in years and there have been so many times I could have really used a hatchback. My dad talked me out of buying the SW1 and I have been regretting it forever.

I am interested in learning more about the hybrid car market and increasing the efficiency of my current car. This site is a great resource and I am happy I found you all!

bwilson4web 03-20-2007 08:40 PM

Re: Future hybrid owner from Minneapolis

Hi,

Originally Posted by jab (Post 117158)
. . .
I am starting research on my next car to purchase (probably a year out realistically). I would love a Prius, but I'm not sure what will be in the market at that point. My next car has to be a hatchback with a fuel economy greater or equal to my current car (29/40).

I have a 1996 Saturn SL1 Manual that I love for it's fuel economy, but it's getting up there in years and there have been so many times I could have really used a hatchback. My dad talked me out of buying the SW1 and I have been regretting it forever.

I am interested in learning more about the hybrid car market and increasing the efficiency of my current car. This site is a great resource and I am happy I found you all!

You'll find a lot of applied knowledge here and folks ready to answer questions. One suggestion is to also look at the used market too. Many hybrids easily pass through the 3/36000 warranty with hardly a hitch. The hybrid drive trains are warranted for 8/80000 and you can find some good buys in that region. In fact, I bought my 2003 Prius via Ebay and haven't looked back.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson