Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Greetings from a new Prius owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Greetings from a new Prius owner

Hello, all.

I drove my new '07 Prius home two days ago. It's a "seaside pearl" (blue) with the trim level one up from the bottom, with smartkey system and backup camera. I've got 100 miles on it.

I've always been concerned with energy conservation and being a responsible citizen of this planet. Global warming seems more apparent with each year. Summers in the Northeast used to be pleasantly cool and dry at least a good portion of the time. Now they are hot and humid almost all summer long.

I gave my son my '98 Civic recently, and that left only our '99 Civic, so we were ready for another car.

I worked two years in Saudi Arabia for ARAMCO, the big Saudi oil company. I lived on the "Ghawar," the world's largest onshore oilfield. I know where oil comes from and where our petro-dollars go. I used to be a Middle East Oilman, but even in those days I favored conservation.

When I bought a house, I immediately had it insulated and had a high-efficiency furnace put in.

My first impressions of the Prius are all positive. It's a great car. I've always enjoyed getting good gas mileage from my two Civics. The Prius feels like my kind of car. It feels like I bought a car and a half for the price of one car, with all the extra components that went into the car. It's nice and smooth, and refined. The car is way cool.

I live near the Finger Lakes of New York, west of Corning.

Greetings from Earthling (Harry)

Old 11-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: Greetings from a new Prius owner

I love that blue, good choice. Welcome to the forums.