Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 06:21 PM
For my daughter
Default Hello from Canada

I bought a HCH 2007 a week ago. I leave near of Montreal, province of Quebec, Canada. Here, there is (a lot of) snow and minus degres F is not rare. Obviously, I will affect badly the average in the greenhybrid database but il will be interesting to see the average I will reach.

I'am not english spoken native, plase accept my mistakes.

I drive a hybrid for the message it send to the population about greenhouse gaz effect and the legacy to my childs, not at all for gas saving. Certainly, the best choice had been to sell my old Accord and use public transport but I would had to change my job, what I'am not ready to do.

This said, I am appy to see that I am not alone trying to have the lowest fuel consumption instead of having the loweest duration to reach destination.

Pierre

Old 03-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Banned
Default Re: Hello from Canada

PapaMile,

I think you will enjoy your HCH.

Just keep in mind that everybody takes a hit in the cold weather, but you are ahead of your neighbors.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Engineering first

Welcome!
Originally Posted by PapaMile
I bought a HCH 2007 a week ago. I leave near of Montreal, province of Quebec, Canada. Here, there is (a lot of) snow and minus degres F is not rare. Obviously, I will affect badly the average in the greenhybrid database but il will be interesting to see the average I will reach.

I'am not english spoken native, plase accept my mistakes.

I drive a hybrid for the message it send to the population about greenhouse gaz effect and the legacy to my childs, not at all for gas saving. Certainly, the best choice had been to sell my old Accord and use public transport but I would had to change my job, what I'am not ready to do.

This said, I am appy to see that I am not alone trying to have the lowest fuel consumption instead of having the loweest duration to reach destination.

Pierre
Do not worry about the English. Folks here are friendly and look forward hearing about your adventures. The Honda forums have a lot of very skilled folks who will no doubt share their techniques.

Bonne chance!

Bob Wilson

Old 03-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Hi Pierre; Welcome.

The ranks of Canadian hybrid owners are slowly but surely growing... Glad to see you joining in as well with your 07 HCH. You've got a great winter hybrid vehicle that is very hard to fault and I am sure it will serve you well.

As Bob mentioned, please head over the the HCH-II forums particularly if you have any questions.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 03-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by PapaMile
Pierre
Bienvenu Pierre. We have 2 2006 HCHs at home, now over 24,000 km on each, average of just over 5 Lt/100km. We drove one of them to Miami, Washington and New York. The other one has also been to Quebec.
We're still "in love" with our hybrids... I am sure you'll be too!

Old 03-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Pierre,

Welcome at GreenHybrid, I own an HCHII 2006 since Feb. 2006. After 1 year of driving I manage to keep my average under 5L/100km. To acheive that you'll realize that you need to change some driving habbit.

I live in Laval Qc and I know what cold weather mean for an hybrid.

I'm a french speaking guy so if you have any question about your HCH feel free to PM me in french.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:22 PM
For my daughter

Thank you for all theses nices words.

I feel like if I had joined a support group : Before I was consuming 50 liters every week. Now I am consuming 25. I am trying to consum less but it's very hard. Pleeaasse, help me

I am not very car oriented, so it's not something normal for me to talk about my car. But I must be honest : "I LOVE MY NEW CAR". Dispite this car is a powerful symbol of the things that must change, I must confest, I have so much fun to drive it.

bye everyone.

Pierre

Old 03-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes, that's a very common thing among us hybrid owners. That excitement of having a new car lasts longer than it does for most other cars! I'm not normally a car person either, or a fan of driving, but have really enjoyed and still do enjoy driving my HCH II. Sometimes its easy to find excuses to go somewhere just to drive it, when in reality I would be better off not burning the gas (even if it isn't that much anyway!).

I hope you learn a lot!

Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Pierre,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new HCH!! I think you're going to love it.
Don't worry about being uncomfortable with English- you're doing fine so far, and I think we can understand you. Much better than our French would be, that's for sure!

A lot of us here did not know much about cars when we became hybrid owners, and were not really big fans of cars in particular. As for me, I am still not exactly a car person, but that has not stopped me from becoming relatively expert in hybrids! Hybrids are like that- they are easy to love, and it is easy to be excited about them and to make them into a hobby. I think that owning a hybrid is inspirational, and it makes me even more interested in energy-saving strategies and goals in other areas.

I hope you find this site to be of use, and I hope that you stay. We need more Canadians around here! Why? Because I think it's really important to be sure to have a wide variety of perspectives when you discuss important issues, and a lot of our discussions here are about things that I consider to be very important.

Best of luck!