Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from Denver

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Hello from Denver

Hi all - I just signed up, but I don't have my Camry Hybrid just yet. When I get it, it'll be dark blue with gray cloth interior - I can't wait! I've never owned a Toyota before, much less a hybrid. Can't wait!!!

Old 10-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Hello from Denver

Uhhhh, welcome!
Originally Posted by elsifer
Hi all - I just signed up, but I don't have my Camry Hybrid just yet. When I get it, it'll be dark blue with gray cloth interior - I can't wait! I've never owned a Toyota before, much less a hybrid. Can't wait!!!
I must have missed the '97 Camry Hybrid. <GRINS>

Bob Wilson

Old 10-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello from Denver

Hello. I'm in the Denver area also.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good eye for detail, Bob! I fixed my profile. It was a freudian slip - I presently own a '97 outback.

Hi Mr. Kite - I suspect there are alot of hybrid owners in Colorado. I see them everywhere!

Old 10-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Malcontent

I've never seen another TCH in the Denver area. They're harder to spot than Prii, which I see all the time. However, I've seen two or three Civic hybrids recently.

I got mine in Las Vegas, where I had to go for a wedding on Sept. 30. The other option was a dealership in western Kansas that had 16 TCHs at the time.

What Denver area dealers can be trusted to put the correct oil in hybrids? I live in Littleton. The Las Vegas dealer was good and aired the tires up to 40 psi w/o being told to.

P.S. My TCH is a white base model.

Last edited by Squint; 10-22-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Update, the dealer found a Jasper Pearl for me, which is what I originally wanted. After everyone telling me it'd be an 8-to-10-week wait, suddenly the available cars are coming out of the woodwork. I think all those folks on the waiting list are getting cold feet when push comes to shove.

Squint, I think I've seen one TCH, but I have seen a bunch of the civics, and trip over Prii (is that plural for Prius?) at every turn. I live in Littleton, too - small world!

Old 10-31-2006, 06:45 AM
Malcontent

The lower gas prices and tax benefit might be partly responsible for the increased availability as well as new production in Kentucky.

I usually see more hybrids when riding my bike. There's a Honda Insight that I used to see all the time during the summer.

I filled up for the first time last week and am still getting ~41 mpg despite my short 10 mi commute and the colder weather.