Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello fellow hybrid owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Brains of the Operation
Default Hello fellow hybrid owners

I'm following zadscmc's lead and going back to do an introduction.

My name is Robby, and though I've been a member of this site (and a hybrid owner) for 2 weeks, I feel like that should be a much larger number. I decided to get a hybrid for my first new car in 2002, and have been obsessed with all things hybrid since then, which included visiting this site regularly after it was created (props, Jason!).

I was just gifted a 2005 Civic Hybrid CVT in Eternal Blue Pearl (that's the darker blue, like in my avatar) by my family as sort of a belated college graduation present. I'm really grateful for the gift, esp because they couldn't really afford it. Shame. Oh well, it's my dream car - I've always loved Civics, and though the Prius is terrific, I can't turn down my favorite car offered as a hybrid. My single regret is not waiting until 2006 to get the redesign, which should be really cool.

I'm a student at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine in Columbia, entering my second year. I drive to Greenville and Charleston, SC, relatively frequently to visit friends - both equidistant from Columbia at about 100 miles. My old pickup truck couldn't make the 200-mile trip from Greenville to Charleston on one tank - ouch! Clearly, the hybrid had changed the logistics of any road trip I make. If my med school friends and I ever go anywhere out of town, it's officially in my car from now on.

Of the three categories of hybrid owners (greenie, techie, economist), I'm most likely to be the greenie. I'm a pretty active Sierra Club member (or at least I used to be before med school), and I love to do things outdoors like backpacking and hiking. Again, less of that gets done nowadays, what with the excruciatingly impossible study schedule. However, I am a brilliantly talented procrastinator (I can ALWAYS find another way to procrastinate), so despite the rigors of school, I'm sure I'll be on this site all the time.

My interactions with you all so far have been really fulfilling, and I'm grateful to Jason for applying his 1337 haX0rz skills to creating this website!

Old 06-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Hello fellow hybrid owners

Haha. Thanks for the compliments and welcome! It's unfortunate that I've been tweaking the site more during the year than over the summer!

Old 06-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello fellow hybrid owners

Welcome Robby!

You will learn a lot about your car here - I learned so much I decided on a 2005 HCH.