Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from Glen Echo, MD

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hello from Glen Echo, MD

Bought my cute Mercury Mariner in March and have finally registered in the forum. Generally love it, but miss a couple "luxury" items like the thermometer and the nav system makes me crazy. Still working on maxing out performance so am working my way thru the threads. Nice to find other like minded folks!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: Hello from Glen Echo, MD

Welcome! What did you drive before?

Old 06-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Enthusiast

I drove a 2000 Lincoln LS - very classy, but Lincoln is not going to make them anymore, so it was decision time to drive it forever into the ground or get something new. Went to checkout the new Zephyr, hated it. Needed/wanted an AWD as "we ski" and have a place in the mountains, but mostly drive suburban. So far, this has fit the bill nicely. My only complaints: climbing into the back seat for my parents (85 & 90), pickup when entering the highway and no temp. Still having trouble finding the cruise control in the dark, but that's me. Otherwise, it drives great, it good-looking and I can feel more PC.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Vegetarian

Sounds like the Mariner is a good match, enjoy it!

Old 06-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to GH! Feel free to look around, and make use of our forums.

Oh, and it may take some getting used to, but you can work the CC by touch alone, without looking, once you learn which bump and shape is what button.