Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Hello from GM Customer Service (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/hello-gm-customer-service-27617/)

GM Customer Service 02-20-2012 11:03 AM

Hello from GM Customer Service

Hi, Green Hybrid members!

You might see me posting in various threads on this site, so I wanted to officially introduce myself as a Customer Assistance Representative from the GM Social Media group. The GM Social Media team is responsible for scanning over sixty forums, including this one, in order to provide customer service to those who utilize them.

While we are not able to provide technical assistance, we are able to help in terms of customer assistance. (This would include interacting with the customer in hopes that we can reach some kind of resolution together.) I am looking forward to assisting those with concerns on the site, and I can understand and appreciate you wanting to ensure that this is a legitimate outreach from GM. We at GM are eager to be joining GreenHybrid.com and hope that we are able to provide some assistance here.

Please feel free to send me a private message anytime with questions and I'd be happy to investigate for you!

Thank you,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Red 02-20-2012 12:13 PM

Re: Hello from GM Customer Service

Wow, very impressive. Do you have access to build information and scheduling, options that are on hold, service bulletins, etc.?

If we are having difficulty with a dealership (can't fix a problem, won't honor the warranty, can't answer questions, etc.) can you elevate a concern to a field office contact person?

What do you need from us (VIN, Dealership Name/Location)?

THANKS

evois 02-20-2012 02:55 PM

welcome and thanks!

Guss 02-21-2012 07:39 AM

Hi Katie,
Welcome to the Forum,
I have a 2010 Tahoe Hybrid, which I bought2 years ago, and love it excet for one issue which I have mentioned several times on this forum.
A loud buzzing sound that comes out in hot weather from the brake system while in AUtostop mode.

http://youtu.be/Bkz24zsseWc

After taking my vehicle to the local dealer, and having them run several tests using Tech 2, and making sure all the software and components are up to date, they managed to duplicate the sound that is coming out of my vehicle.
It seems the sound is caused by the ABS pump motor ,which they said it is normal on all 2 mode Hybrids.(they even tested it on a brand new vehicle identical to mine that has been papered to have it delivered to its new owner).
They duplicated the sound in front of me using the Tech 2, by going into the EBCM: Electronic Brake Control module Menu, then turning the ABS pump motor ON Manually. The sound came out identical to the original sound but on a much lower level. (They explained to me that the sound level depends on the air and pressure that is stored in the braking system based on the brake usage). The more I use the brakes paddle the more air and pressure is built up in the system and in certain circumstances and when the vehicle goes into auto stop, the sound is heard much louder where the pump motor is working to release the air out of the system. They even managed to duplicate the sound on a much lower level while the engine was running once the ABS pump motor was turned on manually.

They will send the report to the TAC team , but they said there is no issue to report at this stage and that all is normal unless a bulletin or software update becomes available, they will be acknowledged.

I hope GM can find a fix Soon, and manage to update this issue on their vehicle, cause it it is sad and annoying to have such a loud sound coming out from such a great quiet vehicle made.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Regards
Guss

GM Customer Service 02-23-2012 09:28 AM

@Guss, I would be happy to investigate the issue further! I received your latest message and will respond back shortly after as I post here.

@Red, I do indeed have access to vehicle information and can look into any concerns you may have (including dealer issues that you mentioned above). All you would have to do is send me a private message detailing your problem and including information like name/address/VIN/dealership for me to be able to investigate and make sure I'm communicating with the vehicle's owner. Don't worry about memorizing all the needed information; if you send me an initial message, I usually follow up by asking for the details I need.

Look forward to helping you all!

Katie
GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service 02-23-2012 09:28 AM

@Guss, I would be happy to investigate the issue further! I received your latest message and will respond back shortly after as I post here.

@Red, I do indeed have access to vehicle information and can look into any concerns you may have (including dealer issues that you mentioned above). All you would have to do is send me a private message detailing your problem and including information like name/address/VIN/dealership for me to be able to investigate and make sure I'm communicating with the vehicle's owner. Don't worry about memorizing all the needed information; if you send me an initial message, I usually follow up by asking for the details.

Look forward to helping you all!

Katie
GM Customer Service

Robb M. 02-29-2012 09:00 AM

Hi Katie, thanks for joining us!

Robb M. 02-29-2012 09:00 AM

Hi Katie, thanks for joining us!