Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from a happy Honda Civic hybrid owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Hello from a happy Honda Civic hybrid owner

I just wanted to introduce myself- I found this forum through a google search. As a new car owner, I'm excited to say that the very first car I've ever purchased is a hybrid- the first, but not the last.

Just trying to do my bit to save the world!

Thumbs up to all of you other hybrid owners out there- good for you and I hope you enjoy your cars! Spread the word. We can make a difference!

Old 11-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Default Re: Hello from a happy Honda Civic hybrid owner

I love my Civic. No problems with it in the 3 years I've owned it. I'm sure the new Civic will be just as good.

Make sure to read as many tips as you can on this site. It will help you get the most out of your new car.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:28 PM

Welcome.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 PM

That was a fast reply, tbaleno, quite a bit faster than I expected. From a fellow Chicagoan and Cubs fan, too- very cool. I'm still exploring the site but I've already caught on to a couple of useful things. I've only had the car since August but the way people are mentioning cold weather has made me a little worried about the fact that it's gotten so cold around here lately. We'll see how my car does once there's some serious snow - which could be as early as tomorrow. That'll be its big test. Up until now it's been great, though, so I'm not expecting problems.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:36 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Hello from a happy Honda Civic hybrid owner

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
That was a fast reply, tbaleno, quite a bit faster than I expected. From a fellow Chicagoan and Cubs fan, too- very cool. I'm still exploring the site but I've already caught on to a couple of useful things. I've only had the car since August but the way people are mentioning cold weather has made me a little worried about the fact that it's gotten so cold around here lately. We'll see how my car does once there's some serious snow - which could be as early as tomorrow. That'll be its big test. Up until now it's been great, though, so I'm not expecting problems.
Hi leah and welcome to (GreenHybrid). Say did I just over look it or did you not Post what year HCH you just purchased. If it is the new 2006 HCH ll what color did you get and does it have the Nav. on it ? Anyway I see you have already been chatting with one of the Local Chicago Group. There is one more on this Forum you will more than likely here from and his Logo is xcel and real name "Wayne" from you guessed it Chicago.

Regards;

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-30-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:52 PM

If you need any help and want someone to show you the ropes on your car let me know.

Old 11-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Contributor ($)

leahbeatle,
Welcome to GH. It's amazing what Google can lead you to, eh? I look forward to hearing more from you.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Smile Re: Hello from a happy Honda Civic hybrid owner

My HCH is a 2005. Unlike the Toyotas, there was no waiting list. I got a price quote online through my credit union, and I could have bought the car right off the lot if I'd wanted one of the silvery varieties, but they told me that they identified one manufactured in Japan the previous day that was Blue. So I waited a couple of weeks for it to arrive. This was August. I love my little car. The mileage is great and it's gotten people talking about it. So far I've been stopped in parking lots by strangers who are thinking about buying hybrids and want my opinion and to see the car, and once when I mentioned I owned a hybrid at a reception, the guy I was talking to exclaimed 'so it's yours!' Apparently he'd parked behind me in a blue Civic (non-hybrid) and had been joking with friends about switching all the stuff inside and trying to drive off in it, hoping the owner wouldn't notice the switch. I guess it's a pretty noticeable car.

Good to hear from you all!

Last edited by leahbeatle; 03-10-2006 at 01:29 PM.