Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from Milwaukee, WI

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hello from Milwaukee, WI

Hello Everyone,
I purchased my HCH II just 5 weeks ago, it is the Magnetic Pearl in color and I've name it Magno. This is my first hybrid and it replaced an 98 Buick Regal GS, which was a good car but a gas hog!

I was pointed to this site by the Milwaukee Hybrid Group and I'm interesting in sharing information and ideas with other owners.

Regards,
Mark Eggert

Old 05-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello from Milwaukee, WI

Originally Posted by Meggert
Hello Everyone,
I purchased my HCH II just 5 weeks ago, it is the Magnetic Pearl in color and I've name it Magno. This is my first hybrid and it replaced an 98 Buick Regal GS, which was a good car but a gas hog!

I was pointed to this site by the Milwaukee Hybrid Group and I'm interesting in sharing information and ideas with other owners.

Regards,
Mark Eggert

Mark,

Welcome to the board. My brother was going to buy 06 Civic Hybrid Maganetic Pearl with navigation. It was on the lot. He couldn't decide to buy and somebody bought it the following day. He ended up to buy 06" Civic Hybrid Silver with navigation. He had to put $500 deposit and wait for the car to come in. You'll like the car.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome, Mark! Going to Summerfest this year? Enjoy the ride!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome to GH, I'm glad you found your way over here from the MHG site. I look forward to meeting you at the Brewer's Game on the 11th. Also, I hope you are planning on attending Hybridfest 2006, only a gallon of gas away in Madison!

Old 05-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TMCHAN
Mark,

Welcome to the board. My brother was going to buy 06 Civic Hybrid Maganetic Pearl with navigation. It was on the lot. He couldn't decide to buy and somebody bought it the following day. He ended up to buy 06" Civic Hybrid Silver with navigation. He had to put $500 deposit and wait for the car to come in. You'll like the car.
I hope I didn't buy your brother's car out from under him. I saw this color HCH II at the Milwaukee Auto Show the first weekend in March and I knew that was the color for me. I then spent the next six weeks or so watching the Milwaukee area Honda Dealerships websites for them to get one in stock. Wilde Honda got one in the weekend before Easter and I got an equote from them and on the Thursday before Easter I took the car out for a test drive. The salesman told me to make up my mind quickly as it would probably be another couple of months before they would get another one of this color. I negotiated the deal on Good Friday and picked up the car on the following Tuesday. So far I've enjoyed driving the car!

Mark

Old 05-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

I hope I didn't buy your brother's car out from under him. I saw this color HCH II at the Milwaukee Auto Show the first weekend in March and I knew that was the color for me. I then spent the next six weeks or so watching the Milwaukee area Honda Dealerships websites for them to get one in stock. Wilde Honda got one in the weekend before Easter and I got an equote from them and on the Thursday before Easter I took the car out for a test drive. The salesman told me to make up my mind quickly as it would probably be another couple of months before they would get another one of this color. I negotiated the deal on Good Friday and picked up the car on the following Tuesday. So far I've enjoyed driving the car!

Mark
Mark,

He saw Magnetic Pearl on the lot and it was a demo. It had almost 100 miles. The salesman took us for test drive. It was a fully loaded one with navigation. It was on the weekend. We got him down to $25000 drive out. He couldn't decide to buy or not. He called them back to leave message on the voice mail. He didn't call him back. On Wednesday, he called him back for the car. They sold it on early Monday Morning. He told him they were going to have Silver One with navigation about a month and had to put down $500 to reserve the car. He could do it for $25000 drive out with branded new one off the truck. After a month, he went over there to buy it. He added all kind of accessories to the car including Ipod Connection kit, Day-Night Mirror etc.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome! Good to see more midwesterners getting hybrids. There just aren't enough of them around here- but if we put our minds to it, we can give those coasters a run for their money. I was in Boston last weekend and went past SO many hybrids. Now that I'm back home, the multitude of SUVs around makes me shiver. Anyway, I hope you like the forum- poke around, there's lots of good info. Congrats on the new car and good luck!

Old 05-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by just522
Welcome to GH, I'm glad you found your way over here from the MHG site. I look forward to meeting you at the Brewer's Game on the 11th. Also, I hope you are planning on attending Hybridfest 2006, only a gallon of gas away in Madison!
Justin,
I also look forward to meeting you at the Brewer's Game. And I am thinking about going to Hybridfest 2006.

Mark

Old 05-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TMCHAN
Mark,

He saw Magnetic Pearl on the lot and it was a demo. It had almost 100 miles. The salesman took us for test drive. It was a fully loaded one with navigation. It was on the weekend. We got him down to $25000 drive out. He couldn't decide to buy or not. He called them back to leave message on the voice mail. He didn't call him back. On Wednesday, he called him back for the car. They sold it on early Monday Morning. He told him they were going to have Silver One with navigation about a month and had to put down $500 to reserve the car. He could do it for $25000 drive out with branded new one off the truck. After a month, he went over there to buy it. He added all kind of accessories to the car including Ipod Connection kit, Day-Night Mirror etc.
I add the mud flaps at the time of purchase. I wasn't aware of the Day-Night Mirror, which I miss from my Regal, when I bought the car so I'm thinking of having it installed.

Mark

Old 05-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

I add the mud flaps at the time of purchase. I wasn't aware of the Day-Night Mirror, which I miss from my Regal, when I bought the car so I'm thinking of having it installed.

Mark
Mark,

yes, they have Night-Night Mirror with Compass and he bought it from from HandA accesorries. Those peoples are good people and they are authorized dealers. It cost you $198.00 plus shipping. It looks like my Prius one without Homelink. The mirror is Honda accessory and it is not after market. It is cheaper than you get it from dealer. It comes with instruction and it is too complicated to install. You had betteroff to let your dealer installed for you.

Here is the link:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/civelec06.html