Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from New Jersey.. if only my car dealers cared as much as I do about Hybrids...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:56 AM
MMH + Prius = Bliss
Default Re: Hello from New Jersey.. if only my car dealers cared as much as I do about Hybrid

They weren't kidding when they said to seek you out, Pravus. Thank you for the extensive information that seems to be very free-flowing among many folks around here.

I definately know what you refer to on the test drive. I think I just need to get a bit more stern on what I'm expecting out of the sales experience, and part of that is a longer test drive. Granted, I've test driven the MMH about 4 times, which is around 45 minutes total, but all in one would be nice

As far as preference - the 2008 just looks less cheap on the inside.. I know that aesthetics (sp?) are are small part of everything, but if I'm driving it a considerable amount, then it's the inside that I'll be seeing the most of. And the center console just looks much sharper in the '08's (And rides quieter too). Still, the financing on the '07s are right in line.. but inventory has been hard to come by.. so all in all, we're still undecided.

As far as MMH vs. FEH, particularly with regards to the '07 models, the MMH ... it iinitially was that the FEH just looked cheaper than an MMH.. not as well put together.. the '08 closes that gap considerably, but we're still shopping. We liked what the MMH offered, but really, they both offer the same, and the FEH is considerably cheaper.

The biggest problem is more of a personal one, and may shut down our buying process for at least this year -- we're a bit upside down on the car we're in , which takes much of the leverage in the buying process out of our hands. Granted, if we picked up 0% financing (we're currently at 1.9%), it would help offset, but really, we're probably just going to end up waiting if we can't get a monthly payment we can reasonably afford (and we now know NOT to shop by monthly payment.. but rather by haggling the car price of both the car we're looking at and the car we own separately. Still tough when we bring in $10k of negative equity).

And while we want to get going on the Hybrid world now, in a year or two, the selection could be considerable, and the demand may drive down prices (and financing) ...

But waiting til then is going to be a chore.. so we'll see what happens. But thanks again for the great information. I will investigate the 07 FEH a bit more aggresively (and will have to if I want to capture that 0% financing that ends 4/2/07.. ick)...