Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from new member and new hybrid owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:08 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast
Cool Hello from new member and new hybrid owner

Hi guys... just bought a new 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 2x4. Felt compelled to register here and say hello to all of you fellow hybrid owners

Old 05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello from new member and new hybrid owner

Welcome to the jungle. I am pretty much a newbie as well. I can tell you this, you WILL learn more about your vehicle here than anywhere else. period.

So give us the skinny, ie, color, trim, ect.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 PM
rb1
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome, Jerry. I got a black clearcoat 2 wheel drive Mercury Mariner with the primier(?) option which has leather, upgraded stereo, nav system, reverse sensors, and also the moonroof + sirius package. that's the only one the dealer had!

in my 5 days with it, i have been really, really pleased with the handling, power and overall performance. gives me 31mpg on my 20-mile oneway commute to work on over a state route with it's share of traffic lights.

i have been following this site for more than a month now... and comments here played a part in my decision to get the hybrid myself. specifically the ford/mariner hybrid, as i had test driven the toyota camry and honda civic hybrids but was utterly disappointed by the performance. the MMH was love at first drive!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Old 05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome to our little club!!

Old 05-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to GH!

Old 05-04-2007, 11:48 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast

The FAQ is great. Very useful.

I am in Atlanta, GA. Love the MMH, and don't miss my previous car's V8. I think the fun factor is higher here Until now I had always owned Japanese cars, with a brief exposure to Ford many years ago. I think I wanted a Ford ever since, just never worked out right. When Escape came out, I knew I liked it... and of course, after I saw and test-drove the 08 MMH, there was no question. Phew!

While I am still on my first tank, the mpgs have been inching up to almost 32 so far. I am excited!

Old 05-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Enthusiast

Hi All I just bought the `08 Mariner and am glad I did. I also heard about a Government incentive to get rid of gas guzzlers for Green Machines. Is there anyone that might know more about this?

Old 05-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by workshooter
Hi All I just bought the `08 Mariner and am glad I did. I also heard about a Government incentive to get rid of gas guzzlers for Green Machines. Is there anyone that might know more about this?

Canada is implimenting a program that gives rebates in incriments based on the vehicles fuel economy (Ex. get a 30 MPG vehicle, get $1000, buy a 35 MPG vehicle, get $1500, buy a 40 MPG vehicle, get $2000) while at the same time adding penalties in the same vein. (Ex. Get a 20 MPG vehicle, pay an extra $1000, get a 15 MPG vehicle, pay an extra $1500, get a 10 MPG vehicle, pay an extra $2000) The number I'm using aren't their number, just to provide an example. Their Feebate idea is moving forward, though I don't recall offhand when it'll take effect.

California is adopting a similar idea, though if it'll be shot down before it makes it has yet to be seen.

Is that what you had heard about?