Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from New Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned
Default Hello from New Mexico

Greeting fellow earth lovers.

I am in the market for a Hybrid. I had given consideration to the Honda Accord, but I am very disappointed in the minor mileage gains over the standard Accord.

I have owned 2 Hondas and I loved them both. I really dont care as much for the Civic style wise, but maybe I can learn more here to help in my decision.

I am looking forward to learning alot in the coming weeks on this board.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Hello from New Mexico

Welcome!
Originally Posted by Marmaduke
Greeting fellow earth lovers.

I am in the market for a Hybrid. I had given consideration to the Honda Accord, but I am very disappointed in the minor mileage gains over the standard Accord.

I have owned 2 Hondas and I loved them both. I really dont care as much for the Civic style wise, but maybe I can learn more here to help in my decision.

I am looking forward to learning alot in the coming weeks on this board.
You'll notice we have under the "Compare" tab listings just about every hybrid on the market or that has been sold in the USA. I'd recommend looking at the database and then check some of the vehicle specific forums.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello from New Mexico

Hey fellow New Mexican,

Red or Green? I own both a Prius and Camry Hybrids. Love both. Gas mileage is not as good as the EPA suggests but still fantastic for either. I agree, the Accord hybrid is not nearly as green as either of my Toyotas are. On the other hand, the Civic is. The Prius takes some getting used to as the controls and instrumentation is interestingly different. The Camry Hybrid is more traditional. Hybrid driving takes some retaining of driving practices to extract the best possible mpg. Not hard and the instrumentation on either Toyota is quite sufficient to guide you along the path.

I have owned Hondas with good success. I never owned a Toyota before now so I am making up for lost time with two. LOL. Happy shopping.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Banned

hello marmaduke i highly recommend the prius.. i love mine

Old 01-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Banned

thanks guys. Boy this is a friendly board.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Banned

yes this is. i already feel like i am at home here. maybe one day i will become a moderator here... once i become a hybrid expert

Old 01-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome to GH Marmaduke. Mileage gains for the Honda Accord Hybrid are very dependent on your driving style. Some folks are able to exceed the EPA rating on the highway.

Even though I owned 3 Honda Accords in the past; I wanted better mileage than the HAH delivers, and didn't care for the current body style. I drove both a Prius and a Camry Hybrid and was sold on the TCH. I love the economy, quite, comfort and solid ride the TCH has. While it is no HAH, it has decient acceleration, and is quite nimble. The normally mild weather in San Diego (25F yesterday... I think a record for overnight cold weather) and lack of steep hills allows me to beat the EPA rating consistantly.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Banned

I see you are from New Mexico. The warmer climate there is a great climate for our green cars. I love my Prius, but when it snows here in my area, I am FORCED to drive my big gas guzzling SUV to and from work. When I can get by spending $75.00 US a month in the Prius, I spend $50 US a week in the SUV. I am waiting for the technology to improve on the SUV green vehicles before I purchase one of them. I have looked at the Ford Escape Hybrid, and while promising numbers are showing, it is lacking a bit in comfort. Try the Prius on for size once. I am sure that you will find the controls in ergonomic locations and the seats to be quite comfortable. Bear in mind that your personal frame/size needs to be taken into consideration when shopping due to the fact that once you see how fun it is to drive them, you will want to be in one all of the time!!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Banned

Brent, I wouldn't mind a Prius, but the wife doesn't like the styling of the Prius. I hope I dont offend any Prius owners, but for what it is worth, I dont mind the look of the Prius, but there are several other Hybrids that I do like the look of. I have another thread started in the comparison forum to help me narrow the field. Thanks for the replies guys. I really like this forum.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Marm, for what it's worth, I'm liking my first couple of weeks with my Prius! I'm also an (ex) Honda man.

Quick Reply: Hello from New Mexico

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands