Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello, new Saturn Aura Green Line...

Old 05-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Hello, new Saturn Aura Green Line...

Hello all.
I just got a 2007 Aura Green Line (AGL around here, I suppose) last week. I'm not looking to save the planet, or single handedly eliminate the country's need for foreign oil, or hypermile my way to 9999MPG tanks. I just wanted a really nice, safe, midsize car, that happens to get decent/good mileage.

Hopefully I won't need a Nomex® suit to hang out here.

Tony Z
Raleigh, NC

Last edited by zielinab; 05-24-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: Hello, new Saturn Aura Green Line...

Welcome to the club!
Originally Posted by zielinab
I just got a 2007 Aura Green Line (AGL around here, I suppose) last week. I'm not looking to save the planet, or single handedly eliminate the country's need for foreign oil, or hypermile my way to 9999MPG tanks. I just wanted a really nice, safe, midsize car, that happens to get decent/good mileage.

Hopefully I won't need a Nomex® suit to hang out here.
No problem but you may want to follow the postings in the Saturn forum. Folks there will have a number of suggestions for maximizing performance. Hopefully when you are ready to replace that puppy, GM will have moved the two-mode transmission to the smaller vehicles.

Bob Wilson

Old 05-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Hello, new Saturn Aura Green Line...

Welcome to GH! Enjoy your new vehicle!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:06 PM
HypoFueler

Tony,

I think the Auras look pretty cool - look forward to how you and others think it drives and how well you can keep the mpgs up there!

Thanks for the trademark on DuPont Nomex, I work for them (DuPont). You wont need any unless you start bashing civics or priuses as there are about 2000 of them on this site.

Carl

Old 05-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Energy Independence

Welcome, Tony!
I, too, like the look of the Aura. Looking forward to your experiences.

No worries about the flames. We're pretty harmless, as a group. We mostly just promote hybrids and conservation in general. And help each other out with ideas and our experiences. Some folks have incredible knowledge, as well.

Oh, and we squash poorly researched anti-hybrid propaganda, if it makes it to our site.