Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from a new TCH owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:26 AM
MTF
Enthusiast
Default Hello from a new TCH owner

I just took delivery of my Blue TCH last night, in just the short time that I have had to drive around (dealership to home and home to work) I have been really impressed and excited with the technology (though the nav system had very different ideas on how to get from the dealership to my house than I did).
What I really wanted to do is thank everyone here, I have been lurking almost daily for a couple of months. The information and discussions that occur on this site have been invaluable in my decision to pick the car that I did.
I can only hope at some time I will be able to contribute back to this community.

Sooo....thanks everyone!

-Mt

Old 06-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Hello from a new TCH owner

Welcome, MTF.
I LOVE the Camry Hybrid, and considered it before getting the Civic HCHII.
I just don't need all that room and luxury. Yes, I do - No, I don't - Yes - No. Arghhh.
And now I'd like to have leather and heated seats. I'm conflicted, I guess. And I wanted the somewhat higher MPG. But I do love the TCH.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:11 AM
MTF
Enthusiast

I was also looking at the Civic hybrid, but my wife weighed in it was the Camry (made her feel more comfortable when the kid is with me). The really strange thing, and I put up no argument, she said I should get leather and heated seats because it's one of the things she loves in her Subaru. That was not an offer I could turn down .

Old 06-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Energy Independence

I imagine the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is very high in the Camry Hybrid. Not like that's a bad thing.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 AM
Engineering first

WELCOME to the club!
Originally Posted by MTF
I just took delivery of my Blue TCH last night, in just the short time that I have had to drive around (dealership to home and home to work) I have been really impressed and excited with the technology (though the nav system had very different ideas on how to get from the dealership to my house than I did).
What I really wanted to do is thank everyone here, I have been lurking almost daily for a couple of months. The information and discussions that occur on this site have been invaluable in my decision to pick the car that I did.
I can only hope at some time I will be able to contribute back to this community.

Sooo....thanks everyone!
You are in for such a treat. Let us know how it works out. By all means, after the first tank, record your mileage. This is one of the best routes to insights about how the vehicle works.

Bob Wilson

Old 06-11-2007, 07:43 AM
MTF
Enthusiast

The WAF is very high, when I though about it I realized that she pretty much made all the decisions, I just had to deal with the dealership ....Ahh well, loving the car so far, was surprised to see 40mpg on my commute in this morning. It is a treat, especially coming from an old manual Accord (in its own way a great car).

Old 06-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MTF
I was also looking at the Civic hybrid, but my wife weighed in it was the Camry (made her feel more comfortable when the kid is with me). The really strange thing, and I put up no argument, she said I should get leather and heated seats because it's one of the things she loves in her Subaru. That was not an offer I could turn down .
My wife said the one feature she really wanted was the moonroof. Since that comes with the leather and heated seats (in Canada), who am I to complain?

Old 06-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congratulations! I hope you love the new hybrid- I'm sure you're going to be really pleased with your FE. If you managed 40 mpg on your first morning commute in the new car, that's a good sign.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you stick around and talk to us!