Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from North Texas!

Old 08-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Enthusiast

Hello all to the coolest forum on the web. I didn't know I've been looking for a forum like this but now that I found it I know retrospectively I was. My girlfriend will be estatic because I won't have to bother her anymore with all my Efficiency chatter. (she thinks I'm a freak.)

I'm presently a mechancial engineer tech student at the University of North Texas. I hope to graduate and go help build/design cool cars like these. I LOVE THIS STUFF.

I don't have a hybrid....YET. Presently I actually have a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP s/c that I try to squeeze everybit of mileage out of every gallan. But as soon as I get a decent job/graduate (not in that respective order) I'm getting a hybrid. You can take that to the bank. I'm actually jealous that all you people here already have one.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:09 AM
Contributor ($)

Welcome, Welcome, EfficientFreak!

My girlfriend will be estatic because I won't have to bother her anymore with all my Efficiency chatter.
Replace the work "girlfriend" with "coworker" or "wife" or "neighbor", and you described many other members who frequent this website. Plus you are not limited to a single model/make of vehicle.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of like-minded people here.

Speaking of efficiency chatter...I'm on my way to an 80+ mpg tank of gas. I just went over the 700 mile mark and still have 2 "bars" left on my gas meter. I expect to go over 800 miles total by next Monday.

I look forward to hearing more from you on these boards.

Old 08-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Enthusiast

Originally posted by ericbecky@Aug 6th 2004 @ 6:09 AM
Speaking of efficiency chatter...I'm on my way to an 80+ mpg tank of gas. I just went over the 700 mile mark and still have 2 "bars" leeft on my gas meter. I expect to go over 800 miles total by next Monday.
What I would do to go that far on a tank of gas!

Bit of curiosity. Does your gas tank meter register a linear reading of consumption?

Old 08-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Contributor ($)

No. It's not linear.
Are there any cars that have a true linear reading of cas consumption? Hmmm...

Old 08-06-2004, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast

Originally posted by ericbecky@Aug 6th 2004 @ 11:11 AM
No. It's not linear.
Are there any cars that have a true linear reading of cas consumption? Hmmm...
Exactly! It drives me nuts? In today's day of electronics why can't car companies fix this?