Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast

Hi ya'll,

Andy and Laura from Texas, eagerly awaiting the Prius we ordered about two months ago. We are interested in the hybrids for environmental reasons, but the fact that the Prius is so cool does not hurt either.

Right now I am just reading posts, looking and learning. I wanted to say thanks to Jason, this site is invaluable!! It is also very cool to have a chance to learn about things like bio-diesel and electric cars as well.

The company I work for does a lot of work for Halliburton and I am looking forward to parking my Prius right next to the CFO's Porsche. :lol: No, I am not committed to long term employment there!

Good to be here, grateful to have so many smart folks to learn from!

Andy

Old 05-31-2004, 07:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

welcome welcome!

Old 05-31-2004, 08:00 PM

Hi Andy and Laura glad to have you as members.

I'm one of those who stretch "man & machine" to the limits and see how high MPG can be achieved. :ph34r:
It's nice that you posted your introduction today, I was just mentioning that I dream of the flat roads of Texas!
Over here in Georgia the terrain can be a bit of a challenge.
Glad to hear from you all!

Old 05-31-2004, 08:46 PM
Site Founder

Welcome, Andy and Laura from my home state. Did I ever mention that I was born in Houston? Well, now I have. Perhaps I'll return there for college -- assuming I am accepted to Rice University.

I'm glad you appreciate our great website, here. A lot of hard work has been put in for it, but as you can see we're definitely growing.

Old 06-01-2004, 08:32 AM

Hi AndyT:

___I hope you enjoy your job irregardless of whom the company it is that you work for. Just imagine the possible change you might induce when parking your Prius next to one of Halliburton’s high level execs for a few days? Do you think that event and discussion of such will make it back to the board room or next high level meeting? You bet it will and who knows, maybe something good can come from it? Probably more then a hundred thousand Green Zealots in a letter writing campaign more then likely? Maybe we will even read about your car changing the world according to Halliburton in a few years!

___And of course, welcome to the GreenHybrid forum

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 06-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Contributor ($)

Welcome Andy and Laura.
Your time spent reading and asking questions will pay off when your car arrives. You'll be ahead of the learning curve and on your way to better than average gas mileage.

Enjoy the site and community here at GreenHybrid!