Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

hey everybody! my name is ray

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default hey everybody! my name is ray

but everybody from the last forum calls me forkee

i dont have a hybrid yet but am already looking to get the 07 civic hybrid within the next 2 months so i figured ill check myself into here to see whats going on.

im currently in the process of selling my 97 toyota celica. shes been my baby for 7 years and all the work i have done on her was by myself (or with a friend). ive done everything (yes everything) from adding a turbocharger to air ride suspension to lambo doors. pics are here http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...%20car%20pics/ aint she a beauty anyways, im looking for more of a family car now, my import tuning days are over (for now) and need a four door with ~50 mpg.

i guess the only questions i have is, why doesn't the hch2 come optional with a sunroof? i want that.....

also, is it possible to add mpg by adding solar panel battery chargers? i figure those would charge the battery and add more miles. i live in sunny socal so that should be perfect. hehe

anyways, glad i stumbled upon here and hope to gain insightful knowledge on my future car.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: hey everybody! my name is ray

Welcome!

Originally Posted by forkee
but everybody from the last forum calls me forkee

i dont have a hybrid yet but am already looking to get the 07 civic hybrid within the next 2 months so i figured ill check myself into here to see whats going on.

im currently in the process of selling my 97 toyota celica. shes been my baby for 7 years and all the work i have done on her was by myself (or with a friend). ive done everything (yes everything) from adding a turbocharger to air ride suspension to lambo doors. pics are here http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...%20car%20pics/ aint she a beauty anyways, im looking for more of a family car now, my import tuning days are over (for now) and need a four door with ~50 mpg.

i guess the only questions i have is, why doesn't the hch2 come optional with a sunroof? i want that.....

also, is it possible to add mpg by adding solar panel battery chargers? i figure those would charge the battery and add more miles. i live in sunny socal so that should be perfect. hehe

anyways, glad i stumbled upon here and hope to gain insightful knowledge on my future car.
A Prius owner, I can't help you much on the HCH side of the fence but we have some world class experts hangin' out here. If you have some Prius questions, we'll either answer them or point you to where the answers can be found.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Energy Independence

Yes, welcome!

Well this will be quite a change for ya. But it's fun and cool in a different way.

Sunroof - The Honda Accord Hybrid did not have a sunroof either in its first year. Speculation was that it was to save weight, as I recall. Hint: use Search. This has been discussed before. Also, some dealers will use an aftermarket installer to put one in if you really want it. Someone here has done that as well - looks great. You can always take it somewhere you trsut and have thme install one later. There are some caveats, though. Can't remember what they were, but again, it was discussed here.
The more you read here, the more you'll learn. If not for my poor memory, I'd be a genius by now - I've read just about everything that gets posted abot the Honda Civic Hybrids. ANd many of the general forum posts, too. There's a wealth of knowledge.

Have fun. Stay a while. You might get hooked. I did.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the forum. I didn't discover GH until I'd already had my HCH for a few months, so you're getting a good headstart. Very wise of you!

Good luck shopping for the new car, and I hope you find a good deal. If you want tips on price, check out the thread on 'how much did you pay for your hybrid civic,' which has tons and tons of data.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Banned

hi ray. i am in the same boat. my last vehicle was an 03 IS300 lexus. my goodness what a gashog around town. then i saw this at a dealership and had to get a better look.. granted not as powerful and fast but its worth it at a gas pump

Old 01-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Banned

hiya ray, my yorkee & i are tired of driving in the 93 cavalier. these people seem really nice, i hope the ars are just as nice too.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned

oh my goodness james you got a yorkie too??? YAYY! lets compare pics buddy

Old 01-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

Just promise to keep it PG

Old 01-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Banned

cant promise nothing..... hehehehe

Old 01-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

lol hey i'd love to share pics of my yorkee, but i tooke em all on a polaroid. i guess i can scan em, but i'm such a lazy head.. LOL

Quick Reply: hey everybody! my name is ray

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands