Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hi.

Hi. I own a TDI "flexfuel" vehicle (in so much that it is green, and uses multiple fueling sources)

Sig says it all.

Sorry, I tried to buy a prius before I bought this, but the complete lack of power, and the fact that the dealership wanted to charge me $30,000 for the same configuration toyota.com had for $23,900 turned me off to it.

I joined so I could, like others who have things like Civic CTDI, contribute my mileage tracking to the database.

Don't get me wrong. I think a hybrid is better than a 'plain gasser', but toyota needs to corral their dealers :-)

Last edited by HeyNorton; 03-15-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Hi.

Hi,
Originally Posted by HeyNorton
Hi. I own a TDI "flexfuel" vehicle (in so much that it is green, and uses multiple fueling sources)
. . .
I joined so I could, like others who have things like Civic CTDI, contribute my mileage tracking to the database.

Don't get me wrong. I think a hybrid is better than a 'plain gasser', but toyota needs to corral their dealers :-)
The GreenHybrid.com mileage database is excellent. However, you might want to take a look at CleanMPG.com. They are very enthusiastic about non-hybrids and have a mileage database too.

As for buying a Prius in 2003 versus 2007, things have changed for the better. The supply problems have eased and with the Camry hybrid taking some of the top-end customers, finding a new Prius for a good deal is possible.

For myself, I bought my 2003 Prius 18 months ago and paid only $17,300. Since then, I've already passed gas parity with the second runner up, a Scion xB. I'm really pretty happy even though it is an older hybrid.

If you have questions about hybrids, feel free to ask. Folks here are pretty swift on the technology. This is one of few places where we don't quarrel about one hybrid over another or get our egos too wrapped around the axle. Sure, we'll 'whack a mole' those who post bogus claims and our moderators (in whom we live in terror) use good judgment. Folks here are friendly to those who come with an interest in learning and no ax to grind.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 03-15-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Congrats on the purchase!

You have to buy what's best for you. I, too, looked at the Prius and, while I liked it, I took a Civic in the end b/c I could actually get one below sticker. I hear the TDIs are great from friends, good luck!

Old 03-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Contributor ($)

HeyNorton,
Welcome to GH! Congrats on the biodiesel. I don't know all the facts about biodiesel, but I like the idea of it.

We have a local biodiesel coop in Madson that I here good things about. Have you ever gone to one of the TDIFests? They sound like fun.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum! There's no requirement that you own a hybrid to post here; we just want people with an interest in hybrid technology. And it sounds like you might be interested in buying a hybrid someday, if conditions are right (and you don't end up being stiffed by an obnoxious dealer), though I suppose your biodiesel car may last for a long time and I don't really know your situation. Still, it's always good to have people here with different perspectives on the technology, so we're absolutely happy to have you. Best of luck!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands