Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi everyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Bourbon Enthusiast
Default Hi everyone

Just registered and figured I would say hello to everyone. I work for NYC DEP and drive daily a new 06' Ford Escape hybrid with 4wd and also just placed an order for an 06' prius for myself as a daily driver/only car for me and my wife.

Now I just hope that my dealership was right that my 06' would be on the first shipment due in in 5-8 weeks... Somehow though, I think they don't know what they are talking about, I've been reading that 06's aret due out till November at all!

Old 07-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: Hi everyone

Welcome to GH!

So the FEH does not belong to you?

Old 07-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome Paradox! I don't know much about the Escape personally, but I hear great things. And you can't go wrong with a Prius, my personal favorite. Keep us up to date on the delivery date. 5-8 weeks does sound a bit ambitions!

Old 07-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Site Founder

Hey, welcome to the community!

Old 07-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Bourbon Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Nope, the escape hybrid I drive daily during work is a city vehicle but I've only had it now for 3 weeks. I was driving an old 92 Jimmy and they finally decided to scrap it and got me the new escape hybrid. So far I like it... I wouldnt honestly buy one for myself only because I am a car guy for one and I want even better fuel economy than it offers.

I cannot wait for my Prius to come in though! I ordered a black 06' with bc package #6 and told em' i hear leather 'may' be a factory option this year so if it is I want that too, in grey of course. I'm also interested to see if (any) cosmetic changes occur to the 06'. If anyone has a link to speculative or spy photos lemme know, I haven't been able to find out anything but rumors thus far...

Old 07-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Contributor ($)

Paradox, welcome to GreenHybrid.
I wonder how many people get to drive a hybrid vehicle for work?
It's nice to hear that there are some fleet hybrids.

Have they given you any tentative date for your Prius' arrival?

Old 07-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

AFIK the 06 Prius will have minor improvements all around, but no big changes, like body style. The 2007 models are going to be redesigned as planned in the Prius cycle.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes, welcome Paradox.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is your Avatar?
Wait....don't tell me. Let anyone guess first.

I say a tree climbers view.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

It is the matrix.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Site Founder

Just so you know, I'll have to ask you to make that a static avatar if any members contact me about it. It's borderline annoying, but I don't particularly mind it unless anyone points it out. We've had some other avatars I had to ask to be removed in the past.

Quick Reply: Hi everyone

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands