Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi From Half Moon Bay, CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Hi From Half Moon Bay, CA

HI Fellow Hybrid owners. My name is Peter Farrell from Half Moon Bay CA. I purchased a 2006 Toyota Prius in Classic Silvr Metalic with the package 8 option on May 23rd. Since then I have driven about 1300 miles and am getting an average of 52.4 mpg, combination of city and highway driving. One of the things I have noticed about driving a Hybrid, or at least the Prius Hybrid, is that one needs to develop a different style of driving if the goal is to maximise mileage. Slower accellerations and decelleration as well as an overall lower crusing speed really impact mileage in my initial tests. I browse the net everyday for information, groups, anything on new developments, news, stories, etc on hybrids as well as plug in technology. I hope the plug in option for Prius becomes more mainstream and cost effective during the next year as the current $12,000 price tag is a bit high, I think, so adoption will be slow in coming.
Anyway I'm looking forward to chats with other hybrid owners. Happy Driving!
Peter

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mynewprius.pdf (717.2 KB, 253 views)
Old 06-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Hi From Half Moon Bay, CA

Welcome Peter,
Originally Posted by pfarrell
HI Fellow Hybrid owners. My name is Peter Farrell from Half Moon Bay CA. I purchased a 2006 Toyota Prius in Classic Silvr Metalic with the package 8 option on May 23rd. Since then I have driven about 1300 miles and am getting an average of 52.4 mpg, combination of city and highway driving. . . .
Half Moon Bay is a beautiful place. My wife and enjoyed the view from the highway and the rest stop.

Do stop by the Prius Forum where we have a Prius FAQ that might give you some ideas. Also, the GreenHybrid database is awsome. Once I got used to it, I'm using GreenHybrid.com to track my mileage.

Bob Wilson

Old 06-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hi From Half Moon Bay, CA

Welcome and enjoy your new car.