Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi. Im New

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hi. Im New

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Joe and I just put a deposit on a 2010 Honda Insight LX. Allegedly I will have it by the end of the month (hopefully 3/24) so look forward to me asking tons of questions very soon.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Hi. Im New

Welcome to the club. With 3 Honda's in the family and my lone Toyota, I am looking forward to hearing about the new Insight.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome, I'm curious to hear your opinions of the new Insight after driving it. It seems like a great car.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Engineering first

Welcome Joe,

Looking forward to your driving report. Normally we like folks to introduce themselves in the "Introduction" forum.

I like many others are interested in your requirements and why you choose this approach to buying a hybrid. This is your first hybrid?

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 03-17-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Enthusiast

Yes this is my first Hybrid. I have been driving a 2000 Mercury Cougar well since April of 2000. I needed a new car. I wanted to get a hybrid for a few reasons 1. I have a 52 mile commute everyday. 2. I would like to help out the environment as much as possible. I Thought about a Prius but I really didn't want to spend that much. A coworker has an original Insight and told me they are bringing it back out. Saw that it was 19,800 for the LX and I was sold.

I have been researching the car since August of 08. It was funny when I was at the Honda dealership I knew more about the car then they did. I just hope it comes in soon because my old cougar doesn't have to many trips to Princeton left in it.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:47 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by cuso
Yes this is my first Hybrid. I have been driving a 2000 Mercury Cougar well since April of 2000. I needed a new car. I wanted to get a hybrid for a few reasons 1. I have a 52 mile commute everyday. 2. I would like to help out the environment as much as possible. I Thought about a Prius but I really didn't want to spend that much. A coworker has an original Insight and told me they are bringing it back out. Saw that it was 19,800 for the LX and I was sold.

I have been researching the car since August of 08. It was funny when I was at the Honda dealership I knew more about the car then they did. I just hope it comes in soon because my old cougar doesn't have to many trips to Princeton left in it.
Excellent!

One thing, if you have the time, can you take a Honda Civic Hybrid out for a test drive for a compare and contrast? In particular, the IMA tends to help the low-end torque of the Honda engines, a good thing. There are reports of a limited EV mode, more of a sustained speed, but this may require the test vehicles to be throughly warmed.

I suspect the new Insight is more competition for the Honda Civic Hybrid than a Prius, especially the 2010 model. Although we have performance specifications, a driving test can often reveal subtle aspects that otherwise would be difficult to detect. In a perfect world, renting a Honda Hybrid civic for a couple of days before driving the Insight would be perfect.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands