Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi from NM

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Hi from NM

Hi,

I have posted about a zillion times, too bad I never posted here. I am a wannabe hybrid driver. Really want a Hybrid Fit when the come out/if they come out. Otherwise, I have test driven a HCH, and want to try the Prius.
(NOt sure I can afford either one though. I could afford a Fit and wouldn't ahve to contact my an accountant to figure that one out.)

I have 96 Toyota Corolla with almost 100,000 miles. (That should give me another 100,000 if I want them.)

I have just started hypermiling (actually since reading about it I have been moderately hypermiling since i started driving). My mileage so far is 33 mpg without the a/c. I'm hoping to improve this with some extra techniques, new tires that I could mildly hyperinflate, and a SG II.

This seems like a particularly nice group of folks and the forum has an unusual amount of signal to noise.

I'm enjoying posting here and reading the archives into the night. Thanks guys, I'm sleeping well.

--des

Old 07-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Hi from NM

Originally Posted by desdemona
Hi,

I have posted about a zillion times, too bad I never posted here. I am a wannabe hybrid driver. Really want a Hybrid Fit when the come out/if they come out. Otherwise, I have test driven a HCH, and want to try the Prius.
(NOt sure I can afford either one though. I could afford a Fit and wouldn't ahve to contact my an accountant to figure that one out.)

I have 96 Toyota Corolla with almost 100,000 miles. (That should give me another 100,000 if I want them.)

I have just started hypermiling (actually since reading about it I have been moderately hypermiling since i started driving). My mileage so far is 33 mpg without the a/c. I'm hoping to improve this with some extra techniques, new tires that I could mildly hyperinflate, and a SG II.

This seems like a particularly nice group of folks and the forum has an unusual amount of signal to noise.

I'm enjoying posting here and reading the archives into the night. Thanks guys, I'm sleeping well.

--des
You can thank our moderators (in whom we live in fear!) They are a great team and keep the place pretty calm and relaxed.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hi from NM

I am very surprised (in a good way) with how well everyone behaves, despite the fact that Honda and Toyota owners are sworn enemies (Heck though I have owned both a conventional Honda Civic and Corolla and they are great cars).

--des

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
You can thank our moderators (in whom we live in fear!) They are a great team and keep the place pretty calm and relaxed.

Bob Wilson

Old 07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Energy Independence

Welcome, desdemona!

We have a good group here. You'll like it. And from reading other postings of yours, you'll fit right in. (Except for that embellishment of "about a zillion" posts - That sounds like CNW Marketing math to me .)

Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

hehe! Well math was never a strong suit. I expect I'll be using a calculator, etc to be figuring mpg.

--des

Originally Posted by gumby
Welcome, desdemona!

We have a good group here. You'll like it. And from reading other postings of yours, you'll fit right in. (Except for that embellishment of "about a zillion" posts - That sounds like CNW Marketing math to me .)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands