Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   I just bought one 2 days ago (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/i-just-bought-one-2-days-ago-13150/)

Priussaurus Rex 04-16-2007 02:46 AM

I just bought one 2 days ago

Please tell me what my experience will be
so far i luv her

bwilson4web 04-16-2007 05:15 AM

Re: I just bought one 2 days ago

Welcome to the club. You're in for a treat.

I'd recommend that after the dealer tank, you start recording your fill-ups in the database. We also have a Prius FAQ in the Prius forum to share some of the 'lessons learned.'

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

kiwiruss 04-16-2007 07:19 AM

I picked up my new Barcelona package 2 on friday !
Luv the ride adn features. I added the upgraded alarm, bumper applique and all weather mats.

bwilson4web 04-16-2007 09:16 AM

Welcome to the club!

Originally Posted by kiwiruss (Post 121186)
I picked up my new Barcelona package 2 on friday !
Luv the ride adn features. I added the upgraded alarm, bumper applique and all weather mats.

Don't worry about the 'dealer tank' but you may want to start recording your fill-ups in the database. This primarily gives you feedback on how well things are working.

You might also visit the Prius forum to read the FAQ, a set of lessons learned.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

IMAhybrid 04-16-2007 03:49 PM

Welcome! I like your screen name. :)

Priussaurus Rex 04-16-2007 10:09 PM

Thanks one and all!

kiwiruss 04-17-2007 07:14 AM

I had to do some freeway miles (about 120) and ended up getting 45.7 mpg on the first 151 miles before I filled up.
It was very windy which probably cot me a couple mpg.

The car drove ok in the win I thought.

leahbeatle 04-24-2007 10:46 AM

Welcome to the forum! We're happy to have you. It's my guess that we'll start seeing more people with used hybrids joining the forum soon- up until now, there haven't been all that many. I hope you find that your experience is as positive as most people here have had- used cars often come with new and unexpected types of issues because you just don't know what someone might have done to or with it.

If you have the time, definitely check through the Prius FAQ and the articles pages on the site. If any particular issue comes up for you, try searching the threads, because one thing you'll find is that many of the questions people ask here have already been answered by someone on the forum, and the threads in our discussions are full of information.