Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Just Another New Guy (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/just-another-new-guy-3246/)

bee13@mac.com 08-21-2005 08:45 PM

Just Another New Guy

Hi all. I just picked up an '05 Prius/Super White/pkg 4. Have had it three days and absolutely love it! Going through first tank of gas and noted today that the fuel indicator dropped the first bar after 145 miles driven. Amazing! What a change from the 15.5 mpg I am getting in my F-150 SuperCrew truck. I'll keep the truck, though, to pull the camper, pick up home improvement materials, etc. but otherwise leave it parked.

I'm looking forward to enhance my hybrid learning experience by picking everybody's brains here. Thanks, in advance. :)

zadscmc 08-22-2005 05:22 AM

Re: Just Another New Guy

Don,
Welcome to Greenhybrid.com!

You and I did about the same switch. In May 2004, I purchased an '04 HCH and retired my 1993 Ford F150 to the home materials and towing circuit. Mind you, my truck had 195k miles on it, but it was beginning to show wear and alot of little things were going bad.

You will love it when you fill your Prius after 450 miles and take 9 gallons instead of the 30 or so you would have used in the truck.

Good luck!

Clubford00 08-22-2005 06:53 AM

Glad your here Don. Im pretty new to this site too and have already had helpful answers to some of my questions. Im picking up my 05 super white with pkg-4 this week!! yahoo been a long time commin, anyway good luck with yours and have fun..... Dean

ericbecky 08-22-2005 09:08 AM

Don,
Sounds like you're on the right track for matching the vehcile with it's use.
Commuting in F-150 SuperCrew truck must have been a little hard on the pocketbook. Conversely, a Prius is probably not a good candidate for pulling a camper.
Welcome to GreenHybrid!