Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Just got an '04 HCH :-)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Just got an '04 HCH :-)

So, got my first hybrid the other day. It's a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 5-speed. So far I'm averaging around 49 MPG. Current tank is 48.4 MPG. So happy to find a place where I can discuss things with people who have hybrid experience Look forward to many happy miles.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Think green.
Default Re: Just got an '04 HCH :-)

Hey, that looks just like mine!
(Well, except for the transmission.)

Wishing you the best of luck with your "new" car, Lisa.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Looks in great shape! Welcome to the group! H

Old 11-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Enthusiast

congratulations a good choice of hybrid. I regret selling mine to upgrade to the next model (Dec 07). I think my current civic has turned me away from the Honda brand. P.S. all hybrids in Australia were cvt

Last edited by cosmo-luce; 11-11-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: add info
Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Enthusiast

Well, the dealer obviously didn't use 0w-20 oil. Just did an oil change and the oil was like chocolate. Worst I've seen. The car seems a lot happier now. Working on getting things up to snuff. Replaced the oil with spec, replaced the headlights (dealer sold it to me without either bulb in the driver's side light), ran some injector cleaner through, and did a thorough detailing job on it. Whoever had this car before me was VERY hard on the paint job! I think they had a trunk mounted bike rack because the trunk is extremely scratched up compared to the rest of the car (which still has a lot of scratches).

To do: Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Cabin Filter, Change out all reds and ambers to LED lights.

The thought occured to me that when I'm sitting at a red light with autostop on, my brake lights are always on and if it's night my ambers and headlights are on. This takes juice from the IMA battery. If I changed out every bulb (sans headlights) with LEDs, I think it will make a huge difference in the amount of juice I take at lights. Just a thought. I'll let you all know what I find out when they get replaced.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Enthusiast

Well, the dealer obviously didn't use 0w-20 oil. Just did an oil change and the oil was like chocolate. Worst I've seen. The car seems a lot happier now. Working on getting things up to snuff. Replaced the oil with spec, replaced the headlights (dealer sold it to me without either bulb in the driver's side light), ran some injector cleaner through, and did a thorough detailing job on it. Whoever had this car before me was VERY hard on the paint job! I think they had a trunk mounted bike rack because the trunk is extremely scratched up compared to the rest of the car (which still has a lot of scratches).

To do: Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Cabin Filter, Change out all reds and ambers to LED lights.

The thought occured to me that when I'm sitting at a red light with autostop on, my brake lights are always on and if it's night my ambers and headlights are on. This takes juice from the IMA battery. If I changed out every bulb (sans headlights) with LEDs, I think it will make a huge difference in the amount of juice I take at lights. Just a thought. I'll let you all know what I find out when they get replaced.