Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Late Intro

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default Late Intro

Hello all,
I have been looking at/interested in owning a hybrid for a while. My motivations are mostly financial, as I am sick of paying for gas. Sold my 07 Subaru Impreza wrx sti for the Prius, Quite a drop in hp from 300 to 130 or so, but life goes on.

I got lucky and will take delivery of the Prius on 6-13 if things go as planned, we managed to avoid the 3 month wait

Anyhow, this looks like a cool board, Lots of valuable info here that helped me select my car, so, thanks to all who have posted valuable info

Old 06-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: Late Intro

Cool! Let us know when you've taken possession:
Originally Posted by jackal454
I have been looking at/interested in owning a hybrid for a while. My motivations are mostly financial, as I am sick of paying for gas. Sold my 07 Subaru Impreza wrx sti for the Prius, Quite a drop in hp from 300 to 130 or so, but life goes on.

I got lucky and will take delivery of the Prius on 6-13 if things go as planned, we managed to avoid the 3 month wait

Anyhow, this looks like a cool board, Lots of valuable info here that helped me select my car, so, thanks to all who have posted valuable info
You might head over to the Prius FAQ in the Prius forum for some 'lesson's learned.' If you are up to it, I'd like to suggest some "day one" tricks and start recording your mileage _AFTER_ the dealer tank. Some of us think dealer gas is ... not so good. <grins>

Bob Wilson

Old 06-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Late Intro

Welcome aboard.
I'm sure you'll miss the hp, but, it will be more than made up in the difference in gas costs! If you get your Prius by the 13th you'll have plenty of time to perfect techniques before winter.

What part of the country are you in?

Old 06-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Enthusiast

Well, we took delivery on friday. Just in time for a vacation/rd trip we had planned.

We averaged 44.7 mpg even with an avg speed over 70. It was great to get to our usual filling station and still have 1/2 tank.

I am still amazed at how comfortable/roomy the car is. The power actually surprised me quite a bit too, no race car, but it can get out of its own way...I cant believe that I actually like this car.

ps. we are in southern Oregon.

Last edited by jackal454; 06-14-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Engineering first

Welcome to the CLUB!

You are in for a lot of pleasant surprises as you learn the car systems.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

ps. The Prius FAQ has some lessons learned that might help you take some shortcuts to improved performance.