Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Lexus RX400h Owner from Colo Springs (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/lexus-rx400h-owner-colo-springs-10989/)

Colo Springs RX400h 11-13-2006 11:35 AM

Lexus RX400h Owner from Colo Springs

I live in Colorado Springs and have owned a Lexus RX400h since August of 2006. The exterior color is called Flint Mica which is a dark grey with metallic flecks of green and purple - real pretty in the Sun. I call it The Grey Fox.

I know that I am not helping the environment as much as those of you who own the hybrid cars. But for those who need (or want) an SUV, I think it is great that the manufacturers are trying to improve the mileage in all categories. Let's face it, not everyone is going to get rid of their SUV's.

I love my 400h. I am getting 28 MPG with roughly 50/50 highway/city driving. With the 400h, I get a luxury SUV with the acceleration and power of a V-8. It is rated as a Super Low Emissions vehicle so I am polluting less also. It drives very quiet and is so smooth with the ECV transmission.

I'm glad to part of this group. If I can answer anyone's questions about the RX400h, I'd be glad to. I'm not a mechanic though, so I can't answer anything too technical.

bwilson4web 11-13-2006 08:08 PM

Re: Lexus RX400h Owner from Colo Springs

Welcome!

Welcome to the club!

A friend of mine has a Lexus hybrid and loves it. BTW, I was in Colorado Springs a couple of weeks ago when the snow storm visited. Not yours but I saw one SUV that really looked pretty . . . covered with blobs of mud. I knew it had been 'in the real world' which made it look pretty to me.

I had just finished eating at the Vietnamese restaurant, great meal and beautiful town.

Bob Wilson

Colo Springs RX400h 11-14-2006 11:19 AM

Thanks. Were you driving the Prius? If so, how did it do in the snow?

bwilson4web 11-14-2006 05:37 PM

Hi,

Originally Posted by Colo Springs RX400h
Thanks. Were you driving the Prius? If so, how did it do in the snow?

I wished! The mileage rate, ~$.42/mile, I would have made a mint driving there and back.

No, it was a four day conference and I flew up and back.

Bob Wilson

Colo Springs RX400h 11-14-2006 06:01 PM

Just testing my signature.