Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   Long Time Honda Civic Owner First Time Hybrid Owner (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/long-time-honda-civic-owner-first-time-hybrid-owner-6581/)

TerrierMom 03-29-2006 05:48 PM

Long Time Honda Civic Owner First Time Hybrid Owner

Have a 2006 Magnetic Pearl Civic Hybrid, bought January 10th. It's my third Civic. I still own a 1995 Civic DX, and used to own a 1988 Civic LX. Between my parents, brothers, and I, we've owned every generation of Civic except 7th. My brothers and I shared a 1978 Civic CVCC as teens. My Mom owned a 1981, 1986, and 1997 Civic. Could not be happier with the Hybrid!

jaykay 03-29-2006 06:15 PM

Re: Long Time Honda Civic Owner First Time Hybrid Owner

Welcome! I had left Civics but came back. Enjoy it and good milelage. And if Terrior Mom means you have a kid at Boston University, welcome to that club too- great school, I have a daughter there. (If it is the terrier dog you own, they are great too!)

AZMerf 03-30-2006 07:48 AM

My first new car was an 1982 Civic and I loved it. I bought it for $6,000 and sold if for $4,000 three years and 50K miles later. I feel like I've come full circle.

leahbeatle 03-30-2006 10:01 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, what dedication to a particular model of car. You must have had a really good experience with the first one, way back in the day, to inspire that kind of lasting loyalty. My family owns two Civics at the moment (I have the 05 HCH and my sister has the 03 DX) and we're very happy with them, but I'm not sure it's going to inspire a lifetime run of Civic ownership.

Until my hybrid, my family has never bought the same car twice before. Actually, I'm not positive that's true- we had a Geo Prism hatchback and then we replaced it with a Chevy Prism, which we still have. I don't know if that counts as the same car, and besides, the new one isn't a hatchback. Any idea?

Congratulations on your new car and good luck! Hooray for the HCH!

Sledge 03-30-2006 10:03 AM

I see a pattern. Last car was a 2001 Civic EX coupe. Only thing on that car I really miss is the moonroof.

What I wouldn't give for a Civic Hybrid coupe w/ moonroof. :)