Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Looking to double my green

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking to double my green

There is your answer right there.

Heck, you could sell it for more than you paid in one year after the tax rebates expire. Plus, life situations change. Having the flexibility to drives longer distances if you have to, and not be hammered by $4/gallon gas prices is enviable. Owning two vehicles to me seems the most illogical of approaches; but if that is your desire, a hybrid Civic instead of an EX seems like an easy choice.
I like the size of the Civic's and comparing an EX and Hybrid, the price of a civic (after the tax credit) is marginally more than the gas only EX.

Old 09-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking to double my green - My 2.2 Mile commute

My commute is exactly 2.2 miles. Some hills in both directions.

I've had my Honda Civic Hybrid (CVT) for about 1 year now and by using a modified pulse and glide approach I am now getting an average of 43.5 MPG.

Note that before I arrived at my final driving style I did see numbers as low as the mid 30's.

The mileage for the first 0.75 - 0.8 miles is pretty poor when (worse in the morning on a cold day). But the 2nd half of drive makes up for it.

Just wish I could plug the car in....

Old 09-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Hybrid Wanna-be
Default Re: Looking to double my green - My 2.2 Mile commute

nice to hear that. My drive is mostly flat and the last 1/2 of the drive (1 mile) is mainly along a service road with one light. I can normally tell by which traffic is moving how fast I need to drive to get there just as the light changes or if it is already green how far away I can be and still make it through at the posted speed limits.