Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

love this site

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up love this site

hi, i'm john and i just found this site the other day and i have learned a alot in that short time. even my mpgs have improved. up till now i never got better than 46.5 avg at any time... i've gone 100 miles on the current tank and i'm getting 52.8 avg! maybe i'm just becoming more aware of the potential of my car or trying some new driving habits. most of the driving was done going 65 on the freeway. i think that's pretty good. the pulse and glide isn't at all practical for where i live in socal. anyway i'll be lurking, asking ?'s etc. take care.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: love this site

Congratulations on your newfound efficiency skills!

I did find myself wondering though, "what kind of car does `jbtaco2002 drive?" I found the answer in your profile... it's an HCH MT. This kind of information is useful, especially when one is posting to a non-model-specific forum such as this one labeled "Introductions" :-)

I'm not very familiar with SOCAL driving or traffic, but I can tell you that my best tanks have been on the surface streets while using every technique I've read about here. If you have to do highway driving, avoid the leftmost lanes and drive 55 or less when it's safe to do so.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Enthusiast

"JBtaco2002" is short for the '02 Toyota Tacoma i used to own preceeded by my initials! it confuses a lot of people.

wanted to share my most recent MPG's! display was 54.1, actual was 53.1 but i went 548.7 miles on 10.32 gallons. my best tank ever. going to try to get 600 miles on a tank next time. my HCH is an AT-PZEV with the 11.9 gallon tank and it's a 5spd. the only thing that changed from the previous tanks which my best was about 46-47 are my driving habits to begin with, i aired up the tires to 44psi all around, and changed to Mobil 1 0w-20. see ya next tank and wish me luck!

Old 09-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jbtaco2002:

___Congrats on your most recent tank and I look forward to hearing about more Southern California FE exploits in the future …

___Good Luck <-- and I mean it

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net