Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/)
-   -   new 07 civic hybrid - Detroit/A2 area MI (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/introductions-23/new-07-civic-hybrid-detroit-a2-area-mi-11087/)

cawfebug 11-20-2006 06:39 PM

new 07 civic hybrid - Detroit/A2 area MI

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the forum here - I sold my fine 03 jetta wagon TDI and bought a 07 hybrid. The ol' wagon was very small in the backseat. A great mileage car, very very solid, but I am a car geek and loved the honda. We have had many hondas.

I was lucky to drive the University of Michigans civic hybrid on a trip up north to a conference and fell in love w/ it.

Sadly, my civic was delivered w/ a scratch on the back and they have to send it into the body shop :(

I look forward to posting and reading posts on this fine site.

Anyone else from the Ann Arbor / Detroit area?

take care,
Todd

bwilson4web 11-21-2006 04:20 AM

Re: new 07 civic hybrid - Detroit/A2 area MI

Welcome to the club!

Bummer about the scratch but 'stuff happens.' Yes, there are a goodly number of Yankee hybrid owners. This summer there will be a rally called Hybridfest in Wisconson. You're in for a treat!

Originally Posted by cawfebug (Post 99556)
I am fairly new to the forum here - I sold my fine 03 jetta wagon TDI and bought a 07 hybrid. The ol' wagon was very small in the backseat. A great mileage car, very very solid, but I am a car geek and loved the honda. We have had many hondas.

I was lucky to drive the University of Michigans civic hybrid on a trip up north to a conference and fell in love w/ it.

Sadly, my civic was delivered w/ a scratch on the back and they have to send it into the body shop

I look forward to posting and reading posts on this fine site.

Anyone else from the Ann Arbor / Detroit area?

Bob Wilson

Pravus Prime 11-22-2006 09:00 AM

Hello and welcome to GH!

In answer to the second part of your question, yes. In my signature is a link to the Michigan Roll Call, where the hybrid owners from the Great Lakes State make themselves known. We also occasionally plan get togethers, like last year we went as a group to the North American International Auto Show.

During the summer we put together picnics to meet up, an off road challenge for us 4WDers, and we tried (unsuccessfully) to get together to see Who Killed The Electric Car.

So, be sure to check in.

Enjoy your hybrid!

leahbeatle 11-29-2006 10:52 AM

Although I went to law school at U of M a couple of years ago, I moved back to the Chicago area right before I bought my hybrid, so I can't quite answer you in the affirmative. Still, I wanted to welcome you to the forum and wish you the best of luck with your hybrid. Michigan in particular needs to have more hybrids- now if only they were MAKING them there...

Congrats on the new car, and enjoy GH!

cawfebug 11-29-2006 11:55 AM

Thanks!

I agree! I wish MI would catch up to they hybrid scene - I would be very interested in a ford focus wagon hybrid! (if they offered rear side airbags and headrests).

My whole family either worked at Ford and a few at GM. My last Ford was in 1997. I was tired of taking my NEW cars in for repairs... so I went to Honda - and have had great cars w/ them (84 CRX, 98 CRV, 01 Odyssey, 07 Civic hybrid)

Best of luck to Ford. I test drove the FEH and MMH - my fave was the mercury, but didn't want the AWD... well, I would, but wanted better MPG.

take care,
Todd